Thursday 1 October 2015

Sparkles Christmas Distress It

I'm so pleased to be Guest Designer at Sparkles Christmas Challenge for the next three challenges - thank you to Caz for inviting me. This month's challenge is 'Distress It' and we have two fabulous sponsors. Fantastic Ribbons are offering a £10.00 voucher and Marianne Design have a surprise prize.

Those of you who follow my blog will know that I'm not a 'Distress It' type of crafter, so I'm feeling a little out of my comfort zone!   I decided to use the last few sheets of a Kaisercraft paper pad which had been a magazine freebie last year and one of my favourite Woodware Christmas stamps to make this card.


Card blank: 6" x 6" kraft
Stamp: Woodware 'Christmas Date'
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black and Tim Holtz Distress Ink Bundled Sage
Paper: Kaisercraft 'Christmas Collections' paper pad (magazine freebie)
Other: Diamond Stickles

I trimmed a dark maroon and a floral sheet of paper to layer onto my card blank.   I distressed the edges of each paper with the blade of my craft knife and inked the edges with Bundled Sage before attaching them to the card.  I stamped the image onto a sheet of beige paper, distressed and inked the edges and then layered it onto a piece of maroon paper which had been distressed and inked in the same way.   This was then attached to my card.  I stamped the holly and numerals onto green and maroon papers.  I cut these out and paper pieced them onto the card using Pinflair glue under the leaves to give some dimension.  To finish I added Diamond Stickles to the snowflakes.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's cards for this challenge.

Kath x

11 comments:

Liz said...

Gorgeous card Kath, with a lovely vintage feel.

Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot. xx

Sue said...

Kath, Loving this card.

Hope you've had a good day. Sue

Linda said...

Beautiful, I love your talent!

Jenny L said...

Hi Kath,
wonderful card, and lovely distressing of the edges.
Great papers used too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Kathleen said...

Same here, Kath, only time I get distressed is when I look at my finished card!
This is a great card, that is such a versatile image and the papers are lovely, great addition with the holly.

Kath x

Joan said...

A lovely card with great distressing and vintage style papers

KT Fit Kitty said...

Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot! Your distressing looks wonderful! It adds so much texture! I would like to do more distressing but I always forget before I adhere my papers and then it's too late. Your patterned papers are beautiful!

cotnob said...

Congratulations on your Guest Design spot Kath, your card is fabulous - a brilliant distressed design.
Have a lovely weekend.
Pauline
x

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Kath, love the distressing on your paper, it looks fabulous. It's something I love the look of but have yet to master! Cathy x

KandA said...

Super card Kath. Like you I'm not a fan of distressed but you really nailed it. Well done on your gd spot xx

SewPaperPaint said...

Love your distressed card! Congrats on your design spot!