Sunday 25 October 2015

Black and Orange

The current Cuttlebug Mania challenge is 'Black and Orange' and as I'm not a Halloween person I've opted to make this note card.  I've used snippets of card for my sentiment so am also popping across to the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.  Kath has also pointed me in the direction of the Allsorts challenge which is 'Orange/Purple/Black - all or any two' so I'm also entering that challenge (thanks Kath!).


Card blank: 6" x 6" white silk
Stamp: Woodware 'Going to Seed'
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Ovals Small and Classic Scalloped Ovals Small
Embossing: Stripe/floral embossing folder (magazine freebie), Kars tan embossing mat
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Card: Orange and black
Other: Black gems, Sakura black glaze pen
Snippets: White and black card

I embossed the orange card, trimmed it slightly before layering it onto black card and attaching it to the card front.  I used the Sakura pen to highlight the dashes on the folder and added gems to the raised dots.  I die-cut and embossed a snippet of black card using the scalloped folder.  I then die-cut and embossed a snippet of white card and stamped my sentiment.   The sentiment was attached to the scalloped black oval and attached to my card.

Kath x

19 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Wow, this is so elegant, love it!!!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Sue said...

Kath, I am loving this. It's so elegant.

Hope you are enjoying the weekend. Sue

Liz said...

I love this! I looks so striking in orange and black. xx

Kathleen said...

Cracking design and a really great change to see these two colours not relating to Halloween, it would be perfect to enter the Allsorts challenge this week which is use orange, purple and black, all three or any two.

Kath x

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Kath, lovely rich orange and brilliant design.
Pauline
x

Cathy said...

Wow! This is gorgeous Kath, love that embossing folder, such a striking card, Cathy x

Cathy said...

Wow! This is gorgeous Kath, love that embossing folder, such a striking card, Cathy x

Barb said...

This lovely embossing folder looks great in orange. The black gems are a perfect match. Barbxx

Di said...

Wow Kath - what a stunning card. Love the embossing and ho you used the orange and black so effectively!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

That's beautiful Kath. Love everything about it.

If you've got some spare balloons . . . bring them along and we can blow them up for the Playground Party later.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Darnell said...

It's wonderful to see how elegant and sophisticated a card can be in orange and black, Kate! It's NOT just for Halloween! This brings to mind an elegant ball gown to me and what a great use of snippets! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

Also, we can once again see how accidentally changing one single letter can change a word completely. As in how Kath can become Kate! Sorry for the typo, luv!!

LesleyG said...

Stunning card! Xxx

Di said...

And this is also a great Cuttlebug Mania entry Kath! Got my DT hat on right now :)

Hugs

Di xx

KandA said...

Stunning card Kath. Love that orange / black colour combo and fabulous embossing xx

Elizabeth said...

Fabulous card, Kath! Very eyecatching colour combination! Elizabeth xx

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

AlisonC said...

You make such wonderful cards, they always stop me in my tracks. x

susiestacey said...

Lovely elegant card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Purple/Orange/Black' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x