Tuesday 1 October 2024

Autumn Magic

My Genetian cross stitch card was a Top 5 on the Try It On Tuesday 'Things With Wings' challenge and I have been invited to be Guest Designer on the 'Autumn Magic' challenge.  As my Top 5 was a cross stitch card, I've decided to use cross stitch for my GD card.  This card uses a lovely autumnal design by Durene Jones and was a chart in Cross Stitch Crazy magazine.


To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white matt card blank
     Durene Jones 'Autumn Wonder' cross stitch chart
     Lawn Fawn 'Outside In Stitched Square Stackables' die
     14 count white aida
     DMC threads 349, 471, 472, 498, 729, 782, 900, 947 and 3031
     Snippet of brown textured card

I stitched the design using the chart from the magazine and set it aside.  I cut the brown textured card so it was slightly smaller than the card blank and die cut the stitched square from the middle.  I placed the frame over the completed cross stitch and found the green base was a few stitches short on each side so I added a couple few more green stitches so the grass fitted inside the brown stitched frame.  I trimmed the aida so it was slightly smaller than the frame and used strong double sided tape to attach it to to the back of the frame and then to the centre of the card.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes
     Sparkles Monthly Challenge - Autumn/Fall

Kath x

3 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your Top 5 and GDT spot. Love the beautiful Autumn cross stitched scene.
Carol x

My name is Erika. said...

This is another really lovely card Kath. I'm glad you chose another cross stitch card. It has such texture, and that image is beautiful. Happy October to you, and thanks for being our guest designer this challenge at TIOT. hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, this is such a beautiful card! I love your cross stitch design with the beautiful autumn coloured tree and pumpkins - perfect 😊. Thanks so much for the inspiration and for joining us as Guest Designer at Try it on Tuesday! Happy October ❤️. Hugs, Jo x