Monday 8 April 2024

Big Birthday Wishes

I made this card for a friend's birthday using my 'go to' die for male cards.


To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" kraft card blank
     My Favorite Things 'Big Birthday Wishes' and Xcut 'Nesting Stars' dies
     Snippets of kraft card, blue matt card and red sparkle card

I trimmed the snippet of kraft card so it was slightly wider than the die and cut the large sentiment from the centre before attaching the panel to the front of the card blank.  I die cut the sentiment from snippets of blue matt card and red sparkle card and inlaid them into the front of the panel.  I trimmed two narrow strips of red sparkle card and attached them down each side of the sentiment panel.  To finish I die cut three small stars and attached them to the front of the card.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
     Cardz 4 Guys - Navy, Kraft & Red Colour Challenge
     CAS on Friday - Dies Only
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes

     Pearly Sparkles Challenge - For a Man or Boy

Kath x

6 comments:

Pat said...

This is a great die for masculine makes Kath, and I love the bright blue and red against the kraft card background, and the red sparkle card strips either side of the sentiment frame it perfectly, also the red stars added over the top are a great finishing touch. x

dj said...

Fantastic!! I love that jumbo birthday die!! Navy/Kraft/Red...you rocked our color challenge!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!
Deb Horst, DT #C4G344

Sarn said...

Absolutely brilliant masculine card using up your snippets along the way. xxx

Sue - said...

I can see why it’s your go to die for male cards, just perfect!

Cazro said...

A wonderful go to die, great interpretation of our challenge. Thanks so much for joining us. at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT.

Sue Jackson said...

What an awesome die! It's great for a guyz' card, but can just as easily be used for a galz card! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! I hope to see you in the gallery for our next challenge. Sue - DT