Monday 4 December 2023

Whimsical Flower

This lovely flower stamp is another of my charity shop finds.  Although the sentiment stamp was missing from the packet I thought the flower would be lovely to paper piece.  I made the card with papers from a new Lili of the Valley 'Pressed in Time' paper pad that Di has recently sent me - thank you Di.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white matt card blank
     Woodware 'Whimsical Flower - Sally Anne' and Clearly Besotted 'Fabulous Fuchsias' stamps
     Versafine Onyx Black ink
     Lili of the Valley ''Pressed in Time' papers
     Snippet of white matt card

I stamped the flower and sentiment onto a piece of white matt card, trimmed the panel to 4.75" square, layered it onto a slightly larger piece of green paper and attached it to the front of the card blank.  I stamped the stem and leaves onto green paper, the flower centre onto brown paper and the petals onto a pink flower from a piece of floral paper.  These were then fussy cut and attached to the image on the card.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge - Anything Goes
     NBUS - Challenge 57 (my new Woodware stamp)
     Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
     We Love Stamping - Anything Goes

Kath x

6 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful stamped focal paper pieced image,love the size of the stamp

Pat said...

That was a great charity shop find Kath and the paper piecing looks great. x

Darnell said...

Well done with the paper piecing of this pretty flower, Kath! It's made a beautiful card and it reminds me how much I love doing that technique and how long it's been since I had a play! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

brenda said...

Many thanks for sharing your pretty creation with us at We Love Stamping challenge, apologies it's so belated, internet problems all week!

B x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I admire your paper piecing, a beautiful result on this very lovely card. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

BożenA said...

How beautifully you used the paper folding technique to create this wonderful flower. Beautiful design!
Thank you for joining our HLS Birthday challenge.
Bożena DT HLS