Wednesday 7 June 2023

Steve's birthday

We've been away for three weeks and have only been back home for a couple of weeks before our next trip tomorrow - so there has been little time for crafting.  As time is short, I used an upcycled card to make this card for Steve's birthday (the day after we head off on our travels) - the image is perfect for him as he loves the sea and beach.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white hammer card blank
     Upcycled birthday card
     Clearly Besotted 'Happy Birthday All' stamps
     My Favorite Things 'Fishtail Flags' die
     Versafine Onyx Black & Olympia Green ink
     Snippets of dark green card and white hammer card

I trimmed the image, layered it onto dark green card and attached it to the card blank.  I placed the sentiment stamps into my MISTI to ensure they were straight ('to my' and 'husband' are separate stamps) and stamped them first with black ink and then with dark green ink - this made the sentiment the same dark green colour of the backing card.  I die cut the sentiment with the fishtail flag - cutting the fishtail first and then cutting it again so I could shorten the flag to the length of the sentiment.  To finish I attached the sentiment to the top of the card.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Allsorts - Anything Goes
     Crafty Calendar Challenge - Summertime
     Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge - Anything Goes
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes

Kath x

8 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful peaceful scene Kath,enjoy your trip,hope Steve has a great birthday

LesleyG said...

What a fab scene, makes a perfect upcycle. Love your butterfly card too. Have a good trip xxx

Pat said...

A great card for Steve's birthday Kath and some great upcycling. It's a really atmospheric beach scene, and funnily enough I found the very same scene one and bought it for my hubby's birthday last year as were were away and I ran out of time to make a card before we went. At least yours was made by you, but mine was bought in a gift shop..lol. x

Liz said...

A beautiful card Kath, great upcycling. Happy Birthday to Steve and enjoy your trip. xx

Kim said...

Great use for a lovely image. I know he enjoyed it. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

Stamps and Paper said...

Great card for your hubbys birthday Kath...we too have just come home from holiday...I do miss the caravan for some things but even nicer to be waited on in a hotel...enjoy your next outing

Anne

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card, a great bit of upcycling. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Bev x

Catie Cuddles said...

Clever use of up cycling x
Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers anything goes Birthday challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT
PS sorry I am a little late in visiting - it was a busy month and I’m now on catch up for last months blogs x but better late than never 😀