Tuesday 20 December 2022

Action Time

I made this card for my youngest great nephew's birthday using the last image from my Lili of the Valley 'Action Time' Art Pad.

I trimmed a snippet of brown textured card so it was slightly smaller than the card blank.   I die cut the precoloured topper with a stitched circle die and set it aside.  The wood effect paper was attached to a thin piece of copy paper to make it the same thickness as the LOTV topper.  The paper was trimmed so it was slightly smaller than the dark brown mat layer before a stitched circle was die cut from the centre.  This paper was layered onto the brown card and attached to the card blank before the topper was inlaid into the circle.  I die cut two medium stars and eight small stars from snippets of brown card.  '7' was die cut from the centre of one of the larger stars before being layered onto the plain star and attached to the top of the card.  I die cut '7' from the wood effect paper and inlaid it into the star.  To finish, I layered the smaller stars and attached them around the topper. 

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white matt card blank
     Lili of the Valley 'Action Time' Art Pad
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics' , Xcut 'Nesting Stars' and Memory Box 'Classic Numbers' dies
     Snippets of brown textured card and Papermania 'Wood' paper

I am entering the following challenges:
     Crafty Calendar Challenge - Anything Goes
     Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge - Anything Goes
     Snippets Playground - Challenge 443
     The Male Room - Transportation

Kath x

7 comments:

Sarn said...

Perfect snippets birthday card for your Gt. Nephew Kath.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground! Please come up to the Treehouse Bar to enjoy a nice hot chocolate with extra marshmallows (and maybe a little nip of Baileys?) xxx

meg said...

A fabulous card for a 7 year old Kath

Pat said...

A really super card for your 7 year old great nephew Kath, and the LOTV designs are always great. I love the brown textured card behind the image and the black matted layer and stars coordinate perfectly. x

Mrs A. said...

Perfect card for a seven year old. They grow up so fast. My two Grandsons both have December Birthdays and are 14 and 15 this year. I really struggled with a card design for them this time round. Hope you have a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hugs Mrs A.

Alyson Mayo said...

What a cute card for a little boy - love the doggie hanging on! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Birthday :)

Di said...

What a great card Kath! I'm struggling with a neighbour's 6 year old's card (boy). This is super inspiration if my first thoughts based on Lego blocks don't work out out! LOTV always had such a knack of capturing childhood memories without making them look silly. Still miss them for their actual paper pads as well!

Hugs

Di xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute mode of transportation :) - Thanks for joining in at TMR