Friday 15 January 2021

In the Pink

I made this card for a friend's birthday using a Hunkydory Deco-Large floral kit - 'In the Pink'.

I trimmed gold mirri card so it was slightly smaller than the card blank.  I trimmed the floral backing card slightly smaller than the mirri and cut it so I could inlay a strip of patterned card.  These pieces were then layered onto the mirri and attached to the card.  The images were already die cut so I popped them out of the carrier sheet and carefully removed the small 'pips'.  I used Pinflair glue to build the decoupage layers and attached the panel to the left side of the card before attaching a sentiment to the upper corner.  To finish I die cut two small butterflies from gold mirri and attached them to the floral panel.


To make this card I used:
     7" x 7" white matt card blank
     Hunkydory 'Flourishing Florals Designer Deco-Large - In the Pink' kit
     Tattered Lace 'Mini Butterfly' die
     Gold mirri

I am entering the following challenges:
     Butterfly Challenge - Spin the Wheel with the letter G (I have used one colour 'Gold' with my butterfly)
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes
     Pearly Sparkles Challenge - Something beginning with P (I have used the colour Pink)


Kath x

11 comments:

Sarn said...

Very pretty and feminine. xxx

Pat said...

This is extremely pretty Kath and the gold mirri really enhances the look. I do love those sweet little butterflies too. x

meg said...

Beautiful floral background and topper a fabulous card

Jules said...

Hi Kath

A great card .. .. love the touches of gold. Beautiful flowers too.

Enjoy your weekend.

Love Jules xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Very pretty floral card Kath love the topper

Anne

Sue said...

Hi Kath, That is so pretty. Sue

Valerija said...

Very beautiful and elegant card. I love the flowers.
Valerija xx

Mrs A. said...

I hate those little pip bits that get left behind and always manage to snip too much off! I like this card. It is very chic looking. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel on the first challenge of the year. hugs Mrs A.

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kath, a lovely image and great design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Larelyn said...

Your card is lovely. Thank you for sharing at Pearly Sparkles.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Stunning design and use of those papers. We sure do appreciate you sharing your art with us at Love to Craft and hope to see you again soon! XOXO, Aimeslee LTCCB DT http://paper-paisleys.blogspot.com/