Tuesday 21 July 2020

Happy 18th Birthday

Last week I posted a card for my youngest great-nephew and today's card is for my oldest great-nephew who will soon be 18.

I trimmed the marbled paper, layered it onto black card and attached it to the centre of the card blank.  I die cut 'happy' from both white and black card.  The black 'happy' was embossed before the two were layered to create a shadow.  As my printer generally refuses to print on card I followed Carol's tip to 'trick my printer'.  I printed the sentiment in the middle of a piece of A4 paper and then cut a piece of card slightly larger than the sentiment .  I used double sided tape to stick the card over the typed sentiment on the paper.  I then put this though my printer and although it groaned a bit when it met the card, it printed!  There were a few small ink smudges but I used my sand eraser (a prize from Di's Snippets Playground) which removed the ink marks.  I used the flat end of a fishtail flag die to cut the sentiment before layering it onto black card and attaching it to the lower corner of the card.  To finish I attached 'happy' across the top of the card.


To make this card I used:
     7" x 5" white matt card blank
     Altenew 'Mega Happy' and My Favorite Things 'Fishtail Flags' dies
     Marbled paper
     Black and white matt card
     Computer printed sentiment 'TW Cen MT Condensed Extra Bold' font

I am entering the following challenges:
     Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - July Challenge
     Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes

Kath x

7 comments:

meg said...

This is a perfect card for an 18th birthday card for your great nephew,love the marbled paper

Pat said...

A super card Kath with the marbled background and the large die cut and printed sentiment, and it stands out beautifully with the white shadow. I must remember this trick with printing on to card as my printer doesn't like card which is too heavy. The best I have been able to do is to print on to Bristol Smooth card which is sort of mid weight. x

Stamps and Paper said...

Perfect card for a male's 18th...as we know men are so difficult to make for..love the background effect


Anne

Sue said...

Kath, That is fab. I love the marbled paper. Sue

Jules said...

Great backing paper Kath and I love the large double layered sentiment.

Hope you are having a good week.

Love Jules xx

JoAnn said...

Love the marbled paper and the layered happy. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

Helen x