Thursday 14 March 2019

Twofer Balloons

I made these cards for the Twofer Card Challenge where the prompt is 'Balloons' and have used a Memory Box 'Beautiful Balloon' die to make my cards.


Onefer - Let Your Dreams Take Flight 

I'm entering the Cuttlebug Mania 'We are Not Blue' challenge (I have two different blues on the paper, the blue card and blue ink), Die Cut Divas 'Anything Goes' challenge and Crafty Creations Challenges 'Anything Goes'.


5" x 5" white matt card blank
Memory Box 'Beautiful Balloons' and Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles Large dies
Kars tan embossing mat
Hot off the Press 'Feathers' sentiment stamp
Memento Paris Dusk ink
Quick Cards magazine 'Lets Fly Away' paper
Dark blue pearlescent and white matt card

I trimmed blue pearlescent card so it was slightly smaller than the card blank.  I trimmed a piece of white matt card slightly smaller than the blue layer. before die cutting and embossing a circle from the centre.  I cut a piece of cloud paper to fit behind the aperture and stamped the sentiment in the lower corner.  The white aperture card, cloud paper and blue card were layered and attached to the card front.  I die cut and embossed a Beautiful Balloon from blue pearlescent card and used foam tape to attach it to the card.

Twofer - Sending Birthday Wishes

I made this card for the The Flower Challenge 'Anything Goes' and The Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies  challenge.  The paper and card were from my snippets drawer so I'm also heading in the playground at Pixies' Crafty Workshop.


7" x 5" cream matt card blank
Memory Box 'Beautiful Balloons' and Memory Box 'Prim Poppy' dies
The Best of Card Making Magic sentiment stamp
Versafine Habanero ink
Snippets of Lili of the Valley 'Antebellum' paper, bronze pearlescent card, green and orange textured card

I trimmed the edges of the paper so it was slightly smaller than the card blank and using my MISTI stamped the sentiment in the lower corner.  I die cut two Beautiful Balloons from bronze card and snipped the middle of one of them to form a small channel halfway down the centre (this was for the flower stems to slot into).  I then layered the two balloons.  I die cut the Prim Poppy stem from green card and two flowers from orange card.  I snipped the flowers from the green stems before attaching the stem to the back of the balloon vase and then onto the card.  I attached the two layers of flowers to the tops of the stems, snipping the lower orange flower so the bottom layer was attached around the stem.

Kath x

21 comments:

meg said...

Two great cards Kath, great dreams sentiment with the balloon, and a smashing way to use the die in the Birthday Wishes card

Pat said...

Well this looks great in both guises Kath. I love the first with the pretty clouds behind the aperture, and then the inspired idea of using it as a vase for the beautiful poppies. x

Viv said...

Such lovely cards Kath, beautiful flowers and design here on the second one too. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Liz said...

Twp brilliant cards for the Twofer Challenge, Kath. Very clever idea to use the balloon as a vase. xx

Carol S. said...

Very clever use of the balloon Kath. Two gorgeous cards. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Darnell said...

I'm loving how creative folks are being for this month's prompt! Your clever balloon vase is sensational, Kath! I love how you've made the poppies fit it so well and the great pp you used for the background! I also love your right-side up hot air balloon as it was intended! It looks so regal in navy against that gorgeous sky and perfect sentiment. Creating a circle in a square adds even more interest! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #14! Hugs, Darnell

Joy Wilson said...

I love your cards. Great way to stretch your stash! Thanks for joining us and good luck with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Crafty Creations Challenges

Loll said...

Two wonderful balloon cards Kath! Love the hot air balloon with the pretty DSP cloud background. Great sentiment to match! And your balloon - turned vase is so pretty! What a great idea! Love the flowers with all those polka dots! Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge!

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Great use of the balloon on both cards.

Hope you have a fab Friday. Sue

Arlene said...

Creative and if I didn't know the "vase" was originally a balloon, I would never have known. Both cards are beautiful. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our March challenge of "Anything Goes" at https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/

KandA said...

Two super cards Kath. Love the sentiment and layout on your hot air balloon and your creativity on the second.... who'd have thought of turning the balloon into a vase, such a great idea xx

Di said...

Harrumph - I seem to have lost my comment, sigh. Wonderful use of the same die Kath - and I adore the Prim Poppies in a 'vase' card especially. One to store away for future reference/pinching!

Hugs

Di xx

Lucille K said...

Two very nicely done cards :) TY for joining us at Die Cut Divas :)

Dotty Jo said...

So clever - great two-fering! Jo x

Aileen said...

Fabulous card Kath, so clever using the balloon that way.Thank you so much for sharing with us over on The Flower Challenge xx Aileen DT

Anita in France said...

What a terrific twofer, Kath ... so creative! The background pp to your hot air balloon is perfect ... and what a lovely, delicate bloom in that fabulous 'vase'! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Kara Lynne said...

Your navy balloon is beautiful against that puffy cloud sky! Great idea to turn it upside down for a vase, and it's perfect to hold the elegant thin stems of the poppies! Thanks for joining the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Great creativity and beautifully done! I love the use of patterned paper:)

Kate said...

2 fabulous cards, but your idea of using the balloon as a vase was a stroke of genius. It reminds me of the bottle Jeannie used to live in in the 60's show "I dream of Jeannie". I wish I could use the hot air balloon I have for this but it wouldn't work unfortunately - off to go looking for another one as soon as I finish this comment 😉 !!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Oh my, these are both fabulous! I love the balloon turned into vase!! Brilliant!

Kathy Barnett said...

Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Kathy {Crafty Creations Challenges}