Saturday 1 December 2018

Sister

It's time for another challenge at Christmas Crafts All Year Round - the final one this year - and we have a nice easy challenge 'Anything Goes'.   I made a similar card for the September Rudolph Day Challenge and thought the design would be suitable for my sister so made this card mounting the panel onto a larger card blank and changing the die cut.

This is a scheduled post as we're away this weekend visiting our families (and exchanging Christmas presents and cards) so I'm not linking to any challenges this time.


Card blank: 5" x 5" white matt
Dies: All Occasion Dies 'Small Poinsettia', Creative Expressions From the Heart 'Female Relatives, Memory Box 'Mini Holly Leaves', Festive Wishes Holly Sprig (magazine freebie)
Embossing: Festive Wishes (magazine freebie)
Card: Gold mirri, red matt, green matt and white matt card

I embossed a square of white card before layering it onto gold mirri and attaching it to the centre of the card blank.  I die cut 'Sister' from gold mirri and attached it to the lower part of the card.  I die cut and embossed two large poinsettias from red card and one from green card.  I shaped the die cuts before gluing them together.  I die cut the holly berries from gold mirri and attached them to the centre of the poinsettia.  I die cut two holly sprigs from dark green card and snipped the ends from both sprigs.  The snipped ends were then glued to the back of the poinsettia flower before being attached to the top corner of the card.

Kath x

6 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Kath, That's nice.

Hope you have a good day. Sue

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is so beautiful Kath, I love the flowers against the embossed background and I'm sure your sister will love it.

Sue xx

Valerija said...

You do make gorgeous background, fabulous colours and poinsettia.
Have a nice weekend.
Valerija xx

meg said...

Beautiful CAS card in classic colours, your sister will love it

Carol S. said...

A beautiful CAS design card. Have a lovely weekend, hugs, Carol S.xx

Pat said...

This is such a pretty poinsettia and such a beautiful bright red colour, and the contrast of the dark green for the rest of the die cut foliage is perfect Kath. I love the background embossed mat which has matching foliage to the die cuts, and the sentiment and matted layer is so bright and shiny in gold.