Wednesday 6 December 2017

Cabrini Ornament

I've had this die on my wish list for a while having seen Di's card and I've finally bought it with a voucher I won a few weeks ago.  As all the mirri card is from my snippets drawer, I'm hoping across to the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop to show Di what she 'encouraged' me to buy!

I'm also entering  the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown 'Pick a Previous Challenge from 2012 or 2013' (I have chosen the February 2012 'Red, Green & Gold' challenge), the Crafty Calendar Challenge 'It's Christmas', Die-Cut Divas 'Winter Time' and the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge 'Anything Christmas Goes'.


Card blank: 6" x 4" white silk
Dies: Memory Box 'Grand Merry Christmas' and 'Cabrini Ornament'
Embossing: Crafts-Too 'Snowflake Frame', Kars tan embossing mat
Snippets: Green, gold and red mirri, white silk card

I trimmed a piece of white card slightly smaller than the front of the card and die cut Merry Christmas from the lower section, setting aside the letters.  I then die cut the ornament from the top.  I die cut Merry Christmas from gold card, trimming the sides and lower edge. The two sections were then attached to the card front.  I die cut the ornament from gold mirri and attached the outline of the ornament.  The leaves were die cut and embossed from green mirri and the berries from red mirri, before being inlaid into the ornament.  I embossed a piece of gold card with the corner of the snowflake frame, die cut the bauble and inlaid it.

Kath x

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Kath, love the ornament :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Di said...

We, well, well Kath! What a fabulous idea and such a great way to use both of those dies! Sorry if I forced you to buy the bauble - smile :) LOVE this card.

Hugs

Di xx

Pat said...

This looks wonderful Kath and I adore the large sentiment border in gold and then that sweet and pretty ornament also in gold but with a lovely pop of colour with the green holly and red berries. x

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Nice card.

Hope you've had a good day. Sue

Lisa said...

This is so elegant and gorgeous!! I love the gold!! It's stunning!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

meg said...

The mirri card makes for a stunning sentiment panel and bauble

Barb said...

A gorgeous card Kath. The mirri card looks lovely. Barbxx

Carol S. said...

I love this die and really wanted to get it but still haven't!! Great card Kath. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this die Kath and the gorgeous card that you've made with it.

Sue xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card Kath.x[aNNie]🎄

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Fab card Kath, love those dies...
Hugs Donna xx

Chris said...

Beautiful clean design, those dies are gorgeous and look fabulous cut in the mirri card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments.
Chris
x

Lucinda said...

A lovely card, gold and white are such a great combination. The touches of colour just lift it. Thank you for sharing with us at the Christmas Card Throwdown.

AlisonC said...

A great colour combination for Christmas and perfect for your bauble. Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

MagsB said...

Another lovely card, Kath, I love the gold die-cuts against the white background! Thanks for joining in again at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge!

love Mags B x

Arlene said...

WOW, This just pops. So elegant. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Valerija said...

An adorable and elegant Christmas card. I love it!
Valerija xx