Wednesday 11 October 2017

Celebrate

I made this anniversary card for The Flower Challenge 'Use your Favourite Flower' 1st birthday challenge.  I love all flowers, but roses are one of my favourites and I have used a roses die and heart paper for my card.  There are some fabulous prizes this month at the Flower Challenge and I would love to win a 'Dies to Die For' voucher if I'm one of the lucky winners.

I'm also entering Sparkles Monthly Challenge 'Die Cuts or Punches', As You Like It Challenge 'Choose Ribbons or Flowers and tell us why' (I've obviously used both on my card - flowers are my all time favourite but I also like to use ribbon to make small bows, especially around the flower stems on this card) and Crafty Friends challenge Anything Goes'.


Card blank: 6" x 6" white silk
Dies: Wild Rose Studio 'Rose Bunch, Poppy Stamps 'Celebrate'
Card: Dark green mat
Paper: Lili of the Valley 'Heartfelt', Making Cards magazine 'Dino-mite for Boys' (magazine freebie)
Other: White ribbon, Wink of Stella

I trimmed the heart paper ensuring the hearts were along the left side and bottom of the paper, layered it onto green card and attached it to the card front.  I die cute the Rose Bunch and Celebrate from dark green card and attached them with Stick and Stay.  I die cut the rose flowers from the darker sections of the Dino-mite paper and attached them to the green die cut.  I covered the roses with Wink of Stella and also highlighted the hearts on the backing paper.  To finish I made a small bow from white ribbon and attached it around the rose stems.

Kath x

14 comments:

Pat said...

This is such a pretty die Kath and love the way you have used the paper to cut the rose flower and used the same paper for the background which does have a blended ink look about it which suits the card perfectly. A beautiful card! x

Sue said...

Kath, Beautiful card.

Hope you are having a nice day. Sue

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card Kath! I love your fabulous roses and all the little hearts scattered about.Thank you for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

Carol S. said...

A very pretty carf Kath and love the colours. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is lovely

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Beautiful card Kath, the rose die you've used is fantastic I can see why it's a favourite with you.

Sue xx

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
Janis, Design Team Member

Unknown said...

The rose die is gorgeous, love your pretty card
Hugs Kaz xx

Basslady said...

a fabulous card!

thank you so much for playing along with us at Sparkles Monthly!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Kath, a beautiful card love that die.xx Sorry been MIA as I am trying to recover from influenza and slowly getting back to normality...xx

Lynne said...

A beautiful card Kath, I love the colour scheme and your rose die. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It x

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Kath… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely floral card… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

cotnob said...

This is so pretty Kath, a beautiful CAS card.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sarah said...

Very pretty, I love the bow holding the bunch together. Thank you for joining in at AYLI. Sarah DT