Tuesday 1 December 2015

Sparkles Christmas Die-Cuts

The new challenge at Sparkles Christmas Challenge is 'Die-Cuts' and there are two great sponsors of the challenge this month.  Di's Digis are giving a $10 voucher and Crafty Individuals are giving a Surprise Prize.

This is my final month as Guest Designer and it's also my favourite challenge as I love die-cutting!   I have chosen four different dies for my card and as all the pieces of card were from my snippets drawer I'm popping across to the playground to enter the challenge at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


Card blank: 6" x 4" white pearl
Dies: Memory Box 'Grand Merry Christmas' and 'Mini Holly Leaves', Spellbinders Shapeabilities D-Lites 'Garden Weave', Creative Dies 'Nesting Poinsettia' (magazine freebie)
Embossing: Kars tan embossing mat
Snippets: Dark red hammer, green matt, white pearl and gold holographic card

I die-cut the 'Merry Christmas', trimmed it and attached it to the lower half of the card blank leaving a small white border.  I die-cut and embossed the 'Garden Weave' from white pearl card and attached it to the upper corner.  I die-cut the outer poinsettia leaves from green card.  I then die-cut and embossed three red leaves from red hammer card - these were shaped slightly before being glued together.  I used the 'Mini Holly Leaves' die to cut the berries from the tiniest snippet of gold holographic card which I had kept 'just in case I ever needed a tiny piece of card' and today is the day!  The berries were glued to the centre of the flower before it was attached to the front of the card with Pinflair glue.

I hope you like my card and look forward to seeing your creations.

Kath x

11 comments:

meg said...

Beautiful card Kath, love the embossing detail under the poinsettia die

Anonymous said...

Oh what a wonderful Christmas Card Kath... Love the colours and the "Grand merry Christmas"! That's a really fantastic creation.

Hugs and merry Christmas :-)
Doris

Sue said...

Lovely Kath.

Hope you have had a good day. Sue

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Kath, such an elegant design.
Pauline
x

Kathleen said...

Beautiful classy card.

Kath x

MaryH said...

Very elegant use of this bold MB word die. I love the delicate swirls in the top right corner, embellished with that wonderful poinsettia. A very gorgeous card! TFS & Hugs.

Sarn said...

Absolutely LOVELY card. Love the red and white with the splash of green. x

Di said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Kath - love all the dies you used here, totally elegant colours as well. And I did giggle about the teensy snippet of gold you used for the berries on that gorgeous flower :) Just shows, never throw any snippets away! I wonder what the record is for the smallest snippet - you must be pretty close to it :)

Hugs

Di xx

KandA said...

Super card Kath. Love the traditional colours and that is probably my favourite christmas MB die xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card Kath, love the poinsettia over the embossed corner and so effective. I think it's the same die I got recently with a mag [the poinsettia]...looks lovely.xx
 { aNNie}

cebelica said...

I also like die-cuts and I use them on pretty much all my creations. I really like how your card turned out. It's so elegant, Fab work!
Hugs! xx