Sunday 18 October 2015

Embossed Butterflies

The current Butterfly Challenge is 'E for Embossing' and I made this card following the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.   The card and paper were all from my snippets drawer so I'm also popping over to the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


Card blank: 6" x 6" white silk
Stamp: Butterfly sentiment (magazine freebie)
Embossing: Butterfly embossing folder (magazine freebie), clear embossing powder
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia
Snippets: White silk and green card, strip of floral paper

I  stamped and embossed the butterfly sentiment before trimming it and layering it onto green card.  I embossed a square of white silk card with the butterfly embossing folder and then attached it to green card.  The strip of floral paper was also attached to a strip of green card.  Following the sketch, I attached the strip of paper to the card front and attached the embossed square above it.   The butterfly sentiment was then attached using foam tape.

Kath x

11 comments:

Di said...

This is just gorgeous Kath - wonderful embossing folder you used and a freebie at that! Well done.

Hugs

Di xx

Sue said...

Such an elegant card Kath.

Hope you've had a nice weekend. Sue

Jo said...

Fabulous card Kath.....love the embossing, it always looks so stylish
hugs Jo x

Barb said...

Your card is so stylish Kath and what a lovely embossing folder you've used. Barbxx

Kathleen said...

Brilliant card, great embossing folder.

Kath x

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Kath. I love the design. xx

KandA said...

Love the design of this card. Very classy and a great take on Mrs A's theme xx

Karren said...

The embossed butterflies are gorgeous and I love how crisp and clean your card is! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Kim S said...

LOVE your use of this sketch! The embossed panel is a lovely backdrop to the image - and I love the strip of richly colored paper with all of the white. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Mrs A. said...

Goodness how spooky is this. I have just been playing with that same embossing folder today and I have also just purchased that exact stamp too. I love how you have used both of them on your card. There is a last minute flutter in the challenge which has taken me by surprise so I'm catchng up with all the beautiful makes and commenting before I run Mr Random Org. I wish you good luck. hugs Mrs A.

Sarn said...

Super looking card. Terrific embossing . . . think I have that folder!

Hugs, Sarn xxx