Sunday 8 February 2015

Rose Bunch Birthday

I made this card for a friend's birthday and am going to enter it into the current Seize the Birthday 'Anything Goes' challenge.  The paper, card and ribbon are from my snippets drawer so I'm paying my first visit to the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


Card blank: 6" x 6" white hammer
Stamp: Hobby Art 'Happy Birthday'
Die: Wild Rose Studio 'Rose Bunch'
Punch: Woodware squared corner 
Ink: Versafine Imperial Purple
Snippets: Card, paper and ribbon

I used the corner punch on a square of white card, layered it onto pink/purple paper and attached it to the card front.  The rose bunch was die cut from green card and attached at an angle,  I cut the flowers from pink/purple paper and attached them on top of the green die cut.  To finish, I stamped the sentiment directly onto the front of the card and attached a pink bow.

Kath x

7 comments:

Sue said...

So pretty. At first glance I thought the flowers were painted on, but I love the die cuts.

Hope you have had a relaxing weekend and the week ahead is a good one for you. Sue

Di said...

Really lovely Kath! I too was trying to figure out how you'd done it - thanks for telling. And just the little touch of the corner punching adds so much to an already gorgeous card :)

Hugs

Di xx

Jean said...

A beautifully elegant card design. I thought the flowers were painted at first as well. I love the punched corners too, a lovely finishing touch.
Jean x

cotnob said...

This is a beautiful card Kath, such an elegant CAS design.
Pauline
x

KandA said...

This is gorgous Kath. I really love the way you cut the flowers in the same paper as the border xx

Cathy said...

Such a pretty card Kath, gorgeous CAS design. Thank you for your visit too :) Cathy x

Jodene said...

Love these die cut flowers, such a nice card Kath. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)