Tuesday 5 June 2012

Bird Box

I made a Bird Box for the 3D unit of the Certificate in Papercraft - this was using a template which is designed and created by Nicole Heady.


I printed the template onto cream Centura Pearl card and covered the base section in Hot off the Press Soft Nostalgia lemon/pink flower paper.   The roof was made from brown paper from the same collection which was also glued to the Centura Pearl card.  I used my Buttercup Promarker to distress the edges of the bird house before assembling it with Tacky Glue and then used my Walnut Promarker to distress the edges of the roof.   I used my Nestablilities to cut a scalloped circle to decorate the hole in the front of the bird house and made a loop from pink/white baker's twine which I coloured with an Ivory Promarker - this was attached through two small slits in the roof section.  I attached one side of the roof to the bird box with Tacky Glue - the other side was left unattached so a gift can be placed inside the box - small pieces of velcro fastened the roof section.

I used a topper from Making Cards magazine to decorate the roof.   To make the flowers I used my Woodware 1" circle punch and cut this into a spiral.  I used my quilling tool to roll this and then used Tacky Glue to attach it to a small blossom shape - also made with a Woodware punch.  The leaves were punched from a scrap of turquoise paper using my Woodware grass punch.   I made flowers and leaves to decorate both the roof and the front of the bird box.

As I am going to submit this for assessment, I would welcome feedback, please.

Kath x

1 comment:

Rebecca Hoy said...

How pretty- I adore this and would love to have a go myself. What an excellent gift or gift box too! Thanks for popping by my blog, I really appreciate your comments and think your work is fab! (i'm going to follow you!)

Rebecca x