Monday 5 December 2011

Mia Shaker Card

This is my sister's Christmas card - I made it at a 'Shaker Card' workshop organised by Janet at Japonica.


I used black Versafine ink to print Mia on the left side of a piece of ivory card.  I cut a window in the card up to Mia and then cut around her with a craft knife.   Mia and the bird were coloured with coloured pencils.   I used double sided tape to place a piece of acetate behind the window and then attached foam tape to the back of the acetate.  This window was then attached to a red linen card blank (A4 cut in half lengthways) and the card front was filled with 'snow' (white embossing powder and crystal glitter).  I punched a circle from cream card and stamped the greeting, this was then stuck to a slightly larger scalloped circle and attached to the card front.  I printed two more birds onto ivory card, coloured them and cut them out.   These were attached to the card front and I used a black fineliner pen to draw their legs.  I used an eyelet setter to make two holes in the left side of the card and tied a red spotty ribbon into a knot.  I finished the card by using Zig glue and crystal glitter to highlight Mia's clothes and the snowflakes around the frame.

Kath x

1 comment:

judiths crafts said...

I like this shaker card and the fact you used spotted ribbon to add to the theme, well done

Judith x