Monday, 5 October 2026

Birthday Butterfly

I've not had much crafting time lately, mainly due to visits to our mothers and medical appointments, which has been very tiring.  However, I've emptied my 'I'll use it one day' drawer and decided to use all the oddments so I can empty the drawer.  This card uses an Ink & Flip butterfly and a die cut sentiment.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white linen card blank
     Uniko 'Ink & Flip Geometric Butterfly' layering stencil
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Square STAX Die-namics' and Creative Expressions 'Mini Expressions - Stacked Happy Birthday' dies
     Brilliance Pearlescent Olive and Pearlescent Purple inks
     Snippets of dark purple pearlescent card, white linen card and white matt card

I die cut a stitched square from a snippet of white linen card, layered it onto a slightly larger square of purple pearlescent card and attached it to the card blank.  I die cut 'Happy Birthday' from purple card and attached it to the lower corner of the panel.  I used purple ink to stencil the butterfly onto a snippet of white matt card before cleaning the stencil, flipping it and stencilling it again with olive ink.  I fussy cut the butterfly and attached it to the front of the card.

I am entering the following challenge:
     Addicted to CAS - Happy
     Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
     Krafty Chicks Challenge - Birthday
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
     Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
     Triple B Challenge - Birds, Butterflies, Blooms (I have used a lovely Uniko stencilled butterfly)

Kath x

1 comment:

Kathyk said...

Love your graphic design butterfly, super make

Kathyk