I made this birthday card with more oddments from my 'I'll use it one day' drawer. This one uses four dark brown die cut birthday sentiments, cut for a project a few months ago and not used.
To make this card I used:
7" x 7" white matt card blank
Lawn Fawn 'Giant Happy Birthday to You' die
Craft O'Clock 'Plum in Chocolate' paper
Dark brown matt card
This paper is a lovely 250g weight, so it didn't need to be attached to card to strengthen it. I trimmed a sliver from each side of a piece of patterned paper so it wouldn't catch on the sides of my Cuttlebug and then die cut the sentiment from the centre. I set the sentiment and small pieces aside and attached the panel to the centre of the card blank. I inlaid one of the brown die cut sentiments into the front of the card, together with the small pieces from the patterned paper. The remaining three brown sentiments were layered with the patterned sentiment on top. This was than attached to the front of the card.
I am entering the following challenges:
AAA Birthday Card Challenge - Big and Bold
A Cut Above - Anything Goes with a Die Cut
Beautiful Blossoms - Anything Floral Goes
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
Sparkles Monthly Challenge - Your Favourite Technique (die cutting is my favourite technique, especially inlaid die cutting)

No comments:
Post a Comment