Wednesday, 7 October 2026

Home Sweet Home

I made this card for our new neighbours and have used a lovely design by Durene Jones, using a free chart on her Facebook page.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white linen card blank
     Durene Jones 'Home Sweet Home' chart
     14 count white aida
     DMC threads
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics' die
     Snippet of white linen card

After stitching the design I set it aside to make the frame for the card blank.  I trimmed a snippet of white card so it was slightly smaller than the card blank and die cut the largest stitched circle from the centre.  I trimmed the fabric so it was a little smaller than the frame and attached it with strong tape.  The panel was then attached to the centre of the card blank.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Allsorts - Anything Goes
     Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
     Little Red Wagon - Stitches (my card used both cross stitch and a stitched die
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes     


Kath x 

2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card and very thoughtful- love the beautiful cross stitch floral design.
Carol x

Kathyk said...

Splendid make using your cross stitch

Kathyk