Tuesday 23 July 2024

Spirelli Gift Tag

I hate waste and recycle as much as I can, as well as keeping snippets of card and paper that may come in useful 'one day'. I also like to use pre-loved items and charity shop finds.  This gift tag uses a Spirelli diamond template that was in a pack I picked up in a charity shop when we were away, as well as some blending filament I was gifted, a snippet of cream card and a recycled gift bag.


To make this tag I used:
     Marianne Design Spirelli cream diamond shape 
     Kreinik Metallic Blending filament 
     Snippet of cream card 

I secured the end of the blending filament at the back of the card and wound it around the arcs on the template, skipping 14 arcs each time.  When the card was complete I secured the end of the blending filament to the back of the card.  I attached another small piece of blending filament to the top of the diamond shape to tie it to the bag handle.  To finish, I cut a snippet of cream card so fit inside the arcs on the template and attached it to the rear of the gift tag - this both covered the back of the design and also allowed me to write my message.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
     As You Like It Challenge - Favourite Non-card Project (I enjoy making gift tags, sometimes I coordinate them with a card I have made and other times, like this project, I coordinate them with the gift wrapping)
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes

Kath x

6 comments:

meg said...

A great tag Kath

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely tag. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Liz said...

Lovely tag, Kath. It's been a while since I've done any Spirelli, thanks for the reminder.
Liz xx

Pat said...

That's a wonderful vivid pink which shows off the diamond shaped spirelli so well Kath...a beautiful tag. x

Sarn said...

Lovely little gift tag in nice bright pink. X

Deborah Wheeler said...

Beautiful tag Kate! Thanks for joining us at LOve to Craft challenge
Deborah DT