Saturday 12 August 2023

Cross Stitch Kingfisher

Despite my best intentions, I've not had much time for crafting this week but I have found time to make some of my cross stitch into cards.  This Kingfisher uses a kit I found in a charity shop whilst we were away.  Although I like the finished card it wasn't one of my favourite designs to stitch.

To make this card I used:
     5" x 5" cream hammer card blank
     Textile Heritage 'Kingfisher' cross stitch kit
     Lawn Fawn 'Outside In Stitched Square Stackables' die
     Snippet of cream hammer card

I trimmed a piece of cream hammer card so it was slightly smaller than the card blank and cut a stitched square aperture in the centre.  After completing the stitching I mounted the design behind the aperture and attached the panel to the front of the card blank

Kath x

5 comments:

meg said...

Simply beautiful Kath

Pat said...

What a beautiful stitched Kingfisher Kath and it looks so lovely with the cream hammer card. x

Sue - said...

Beautiful!

Sarn said...

I love it! Congrats on finding a lovely charity shop bargain xxx

Valerija said...

What a wonderful card. Love your stitched bird.
Valerija xx