Wednesday 22 March 2023

Happy Anniversary

I've made another anniversary card using my Peek-a-Boo heart die.  When I made my previous anniversary card I inlaid the heart with dark red card but this time I've used a snippet of pink and red marbled paper.  I've also used a different sentiment as I thought the sentiment on the first card was a little small.

To make this card I used:
     6"  x 6" white hammer card blank
     My Favorite Things 'Peek a Boo Striped Heart' die
     Hobby Art 'General Greetings' stamp
     Versafine Crimson Red ink
     Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail Embossing powder
     Woodware Corner Rounder punch
     Snippets of white hammer, thin white card and marbled paper

I trimmed the snippet of white hammer card so it was slightly smaller than the card blank and rounded the corners before die cutting the heart from the centre.  I placed the panel into my MISTI so I could ensure the sentiment stamp was in the right place.  I stamped the sentiment with red ink, stamping a couple of times to get a good depth of colour, before embossing it with clear embossing powder.  The panel was then attached to the front of the card blank.  I attached the snippet of marbled paper to a piece of thin white card so it was the same thickness as the front panel.  I then die cut the heart and inlaid the strips into the heart.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Allsorts - Anything Goes
     Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies - March Challenge
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes

Kath x

10 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful colour combo and inlaid diecut teamed with a pretty sentiment

brenda said...

You do these CAS cards so well Kath, it's another beauty, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Liz said...

Another wonderful card using this die Kath, it looks lovely with patterned paper inlaid. xx

Pat said...

This Peek a Boo Heart die gives wonderful glimpses of the pretty pink and red marbled paper which works beautifully Kath. I love this look and am wondering if there is a way to give a similar look without the die...might give it a go but not sure it will look as pretty as this does. x

Liz said...

Popping back to say thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week. Good luck!
Liz xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely heart die Kath its makes a lovely Anniversary card

Anne

Linby said...

Beautiful and CAS - it's lovely. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts.

Mervi said...

Sweet and lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

foleysfriend said...

Pretty Anniversary card. I love the hammered cardstock you chose. It adds some texture while keeping the card clean and simple. I love how the patterned paper was inlaid. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.

sue n.

Nandini said...

Wow! I love the CAS design! Thanks for joining us at HLS Challenges. Looking forward to seeing you in our gallery again. Nandini, DT