Tuesday 30 June 2020

Mega Happy Birthday

I was lucky to win a £20.00 gift voucher at AAA Cards for an online store of my choice.  I chose Bumbleberry Crafts  and added a little extra money (as you do!) to buy some Altenew Mega stamps and dies.  I made this super quick card for one of my teenage great nephews.

I trimmed the turquoise star paper, layered it onto black textured card and attached it to the card front.  I die cut 'happy' three times from black card and embossed one of the images.  I layered the die cuts with the embossed one on the top and attached them across the card.  I stamped the sentiment onto white card and used the end of the fishtail flag die to cut around the edge.  The sentiment was then layered onto black card and attached below the die cut 'happy'.


To make this card I used:
     7" x 5" white matt card blank
     Altenew 'Mega Happy' and My Favorite Things 'Fishtail Flags' dies
     Altenew 'Mega Greetings 2' stamp
     Versafine Onyx Black ink
     Lili of the Valley 'Galaxy Stars' paper
     Black textured and white matt card

I am entering the following challenges:
     NBUS - Challenge 15
     Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
     The Male Room - Use Die Cuts

Kath x

11 comments:

meg said...

love your colour combo Kath, a brilliant card for the difficult teens

Stamps and Paper said...

Congratulations on your win Kath..and a perfect card

Anne

Pat said...

Such a pretty starry LOTV paper Kath and love the contrast with the large black die cut sentiment and then the black on white inked portion and the lovely black mats finish the look perfectly. x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Congrats on your win Kath, this is a fantastic card.

Sue xx

Darnell said...

Congratulations on the win, Kath! You spent your money wisely! I really like this design with the festive starry paper and the way you did the bold sediment! Perfect for a teenage guy! Keep well and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Valerija said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
Valerija xx

Sue said...

Hi Kath, That's a nice card. Sue

Andreja said...

Great male card :-)) I like die cuts you use.
Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Male Room this week.

Goga said...

Beautiful card. Love the die you use. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room. Goga

Lady Joyful said...

Great birthday card! Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Helen said...

Love this, Kath - a really great card.

Thanks for sharing it with us at The Male Room Challenge.

Helen x