Wednesday 4 September 2019

Creative People Don't Have a Mess .....

Before putting my dies away after making my Gingerbread Wishes card, I made my final card today incorporating a card a friend sent to me with a fabulous (and very apt) sentiment.  I made this into a card to send to another friend.

I die cut the topper and layered it onto a slightly larger piece of black card to frame the image.  This was then layered onto the red card and attached to the card blank.


To make this card I used:
     5.5" x 4.25" cream hammer tent card blank
     Upcycled image (sorry, I don't know the name of it)
     My Favourite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics' dies
     Snippets of matt black and red pearlescent card

I'm not entering any challenges with this notecard, I just wanted to share this super sentiment with all of you creative people (especially any messy ones!).

Kath x

9 comments:

meg said...

brilliant upcycling, a fabulous sentiment

Sue said...

Hi Kath, I love the card and the quote.

Hope you are having a nice week. Sue

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this beautiful card and the sentiment on it too. However I nearly fell off of my chair laughing because I can't move in my craftroom at the moment as I've run out of room to put stuff away. Some people might say use a spare bedroom then, but I've already done that. I really must stop buying new supplies.

Sue xx

Pat said...

That's a great sentiment and terrific upcycling Kath and the red and black frame complements it so well. x

brenda said...

A lovely blend of colours and what a great sentiment, think it applies to lots of us.

B x

Jules said...

Hi Kath

What a great sentiment.

If I received that card I would frame it and have it on my craftroom wall .. .. it really made me smile.

Love Jules xx

Valerija said...

What a wonderful card. I just love this amazing sentiment. So fun and true.
Valerija xx

cotnob said...

A super card Kath, that sentiment is fabulous - I am on a mission to use some of my re-discovered stash.
I'm playing catch up at the moment, I have been on holiday for a week and have been having a major sort out in my craft room.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Hahaha! Love this card! Just glanced sideways at my craft desk, and if I could add a photo into my comment, I'd show you! lol :-D You've also reminded me about how beautiful hammered card is. xx