Wednesday 25 September 2019

Another Year Flies By

I made this card for my nephew's birthday using more card and paper from my snippets box - which doesn't seem to get any emptier no matter how many snippets I use!

To make the card I trimmed a square of white card slightly smaller than my card blank before die cutting and embossing a circle from the middle.  I attached the cloud paper to the rear of the circle and used my MISTI  to stamp the sentiment.  As I didn't have the right colour ink to match my hot air balloon I stamped it with both Vintage Sepia and Deep Lagoon ink - stamping lightly with each colour to blend.  The panel was then attached to the centre of the card.  I glued two snippets of paper together before die cutting and embossing the hot air balloon.  The balloon was attached to the card with foam pads.


To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white matt card blank
     Memory Box 'Beautiful Balloon' and Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Standard Circles Large'
     Kars tan embossing mat
     Versafine Deep Lagoon and Vintage Sepia inks
     Sniippets of Quick Cards magazine 'Let's Fly Away!' and Docrafts Papermania 'Wood' papers, white matt card

I am entering the following challenges:
     Alphabet Challenge - M for Masculine
     Dies R Us - Planes, Trains & Autobobiles (I had wondered if a hot air balloon would be okay for the challenge and then saw that one of the DT
     members had used one)
     Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies - September Challenge

Kath x

11 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

This is lovely. If it's any consolation I have a never ending snippets box too. I want to use my lovely new stuff but I keep saying to myself I'll use my scraps first. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

brenda said...

A great card for a lad Kath and nice design as well.

B x

Pat said...

A wonderful masculine card Kath and the clouds paper looks great in the background with the die cut balloon, doubling up the card makes it stand out really well too. x

meg said...

beautiful make Kath love the sentiment with the balloon

Sue said...

Love this one. Sue

Debbie Mageed said...

Great card and made with just snippets?! That's amazing!! I may have to use that for a challenge theme some time LOL! Thank you for playing in my Masculine challenge at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh, I like this a lot! Might have to CASE this one for my nephew. I have a hard time figuring out what to make for him.

Cazro said...

I love the elegance and simplicity of this card. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT

Maria said...

Beautiful card with the hot air balloon! Love the background with all the pretty clouds, too! Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us for the challenge!

Darlene said...

Simply beautiful and perfect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DIES R US
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing your fantastic project with us in the Happy Little Stampers September "Anything Goes With Dies" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
Hugs,
Leslie, HLS Dies Team
Love To Scrap 2