Friday 19 January 2018

Santa Collage

I've had this Rubber Stampede 'Santa' stamp on my wish list since I saw Kathy's post last year.  As Kathy mentioned the stamp is hard to find, so I was over the moon to see some used Christmas stamps for sale on eBay, and Santa was in one of the boxes!  I'm entering Merry Monday 'Red & Turquoise' challenge, the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge 'Anything Christmas Goes' and The Merry Christmas Challenge 'Anything Goes + Christmas'.


Card: 5" x 5" white silk
Stamp: Rubber Stampede 'Santa Collage'
Die: My Favourite Things Die-namics 'Tag You're It'
Ink: Versafine Crimson Red
Snippets: Turquoise matt and white silk card, Lili of the Valley 'Festive Trimmings' paper, turquoise ribbon

I used my last piece of red paper from the 'Festive Trimmings' pad and tidied the edges to make a square.  I layered it onto a piece of turquoise card to highlight the writing on the paper before attaching it to the centre of the card front.  As the die is solid I decided to die cut the tag first and then stamp the image.  The stamp was wooden mounted but I was able to peel it carefully from the wooden block so I could use it in my MISTI.  I placed the die cut tag into MISTI before laying the stamp on top and stamping the Santa image a couple of times using Crimson Red ink.  The tag was attached to the front of the card with double sided tape and I attached a small bow made from a snippet of ribbon using Tacky Glue.

Kath x

18 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Kath, That's nice.

Hope you have a lovely weekend. Sue

Pat said...

I have this Santa too Kath and must use him for my 2018 cards as he is the best one I have seen. I got mine in a clear set from Habico which I very luckily won in the playground draw a year ago. I love your sweet tag with him on and the bp goes beautifully over the background turquoise mat. A super card! x

Glennis F said...

That is one of my favourite Santa images, well done for finding one, your card is lovely

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love, love the Santa image!! It looks amazing!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Marcia Hill said...

Love this stamp in the red and turquoise...GREAT card!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Liz said...

A fabulous card, Kath. The Santa stamp is beautiful, a really traditional Santa. Lucky you for finding one on eBay. xx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

So pretty! Love the matching turquoise cardstock and ribbon! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday.

Julie said...

Fab Christmas card
Thanks for joining us in The Merry Christmas Challenge
Julie T

Carol S. said...

I bought this stamp around 10 years ago on Ebay. It was very rare then and I got in s bidding war. In the end I won it, but cost me £22!!! Worth every penny! It was available a couple of years ago as a clear stamp. It is great to use and works in many colours. Love your card of course! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, love the Santa stamp and it looks great on a tag :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Bonnie said...

Love this, Kath! Your background with the handsome Santa on the tag and sweet turquoise ribbon all fit together perfectly!

Valerija said...

Love your Christmas card Kath, Santa look so beautiful!
Valerija xx

meg said...

Love this image, he's the perfect Santa

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this Santa too Kath. You've made a gorgeous card with him too.

Sue xx

Janis Lewis said...

Wonderful Santa image and project. Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge.

Christine Alexander said...

this is my all time favorite Santa. SO GREAT for Merry Mondays Challenge :)

Unknown said...

Kath,
What an adorable Santa.. thank you for joining us over at Merry Monday.

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Kath, such a fabulous Santa.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x