Sunday 21 January 2018

May all your dreams come true

I made this quick birthday card for a friend using my last piece of this lovely butterfly paper.  I'm entering the Alphabet Challenge 'V for Vellum', Seize the Birthday 'Anything Goes' and Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge 'Anything Goes'.


Card blank: 5" x 5" white matt
Stamp: Woodware 'Most Wonderful Birthday'
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Card: Black matt
Paper: Forever in Time ''Vintage 2', Vellum
Other: Wink of Stella

I trimmed the butterfly paper to about 1cm smaller than the card blank and layered it onto black card.  I stamped the sentiment onto vellum and trimmed it when the ink had dried.  I wrapped the vellum around the top of the paper and attached it on the rear with tape.  The whole panel was then attached to the card front.  To finish I highlighted the butterfly with a Wink of Stella.

Kath x

19 comments:

Sue said...

That's fab Kath.

Hope you are having a nice weekend. Sue

Barb said...

It looks lovely Kath. I love the paper and the vellum sentiment looks super. Barbxx

Mrs A. said...

I love the effect of the vellum with this butterfly paper. Perfect partners.
Hugs Mrs A.

Carol S. said...

Great design and the paper is gorgeous. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the design and the sentiment!! Gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Pat said...

I love the grungy effect paper Kath and the sentiment on vellum looks great. x

aussie aNNie said...

Love this make Kath, very stunning and the vellum looks good.xx [aNNie]

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Alphabet, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Kath, I love the background and the image too.

Sue xx

meg said...

love the stamped vellum and the butterfly in the corner beautifully balanced card

KandA said...

Fabulous cards Kath, supaer background and I like the sentiment stamped onto vellum xx

Valerija said...

A lovely birthday card Kath!
Valerija xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kath, a great idea to stamp the sentiment on vellum.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Janice said...

A gorgeous card Kath, love your vellum sentiment.
Janice x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great font of your sentiment -- it looks fabulous on the vellum. Thanks for joining in at STB

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 363 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

Jules said...

Hi Kath

I bet your friend loved her card!

I love the vellum sentiment strip and that backing paper with the butterfly is gorgeous.

Hope all is well with you.

Love Jules xx

Unknown said...

Lovely card, the sentiment on vellum looks wonderful :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Stamping Bubbles said...

Gorgeous card, love the muted colourway. Thank you for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge.
Crafty hugs
Lesley