Sunday 10 January 2016

Happy Birthday Emma

I've never used digi stamps, but I won some stamps in a challenge last year and chose ‘Cocktail Emma’ as I thought it would be perfect for my niece’s birthday.  I’m entering this card into Becky's Place January Challenge, As You Like It 'Anything Goes' challenge (I love this digi as it reminds me of  my lovely niece!) and Seize the Birthday 'Anything Goes' challenge.


Card blank: 7” x 7” white silk
Digi Stamp: Pink Gem Designs pre-coloured ‘Cocktail Emma’
Colouring: Sandstone & Cinnamon Promarkers
Card: White smooth, pink Moondust, black matt
Other: Computer generated sentiment ‘ Harrington’ font, Star Dust Stickles, Wink of Stella

I used the pre-coloured image and slightly reduced the size before adding my sentiment, this was then printed onto white card.  I trimmed the image to size, layered it onto pink Moondust and black card before attaching it to my card front.  Although the image was pre-coloured, I used Promarkers to darken Emma’s hair, to match the colour of my niece’s hair.  I then added Star Dust Stickles to the shoes, dress frill, star and ear rings and a Wink of Stella to the cherries.

Kath x

17 comments:

Sue said...

N9ice card Kath.

Hope you've had a nice day. Sue

Barb said...

A lovely card Kath. Just perfect for a young woman. I've never used digi stamps. It's something I should try. Barbxx

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Kath, such a fabulous CAS design.
Pauline
x

Kathleen said...

Fabulous image and a brilliant CAS card.

Kath x

Beccy said...

Your card is fabulous Kath and I'm sure your niece is going to love it. The image is lots of fun and perfect for a young woman celebrating her birthday. I love the double mat you added... nice choice of colours. Good on you for trying something new.
Cheers,
Beccy

debby4000 said...

Thoroughly modern card and I love it.
luv
Debby

meg said...

Love your card Kath such a beautiful image show cased perfectly in a CAS card

Mojca said...

Waw this looks really gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

KandA said...

Super card Kath and a fabulous CAS design xx

Diane said...

What a darling card design Kath.

Hugs Diane

Aileen said...

Great card, wonderful paper piercing and colouring.

scrappymo! said...

This is a lovely card and I'm sure she will love it!

I rarely use digi's as I seem to blur the ink when I colour them...must be doing something wrong...lol

New Creations said...

Love your touch up on this beautiful image with beautiful layering! Your niece definitely love it!

Anni said...

Great card! The paperpieced dress is awesome!
Anni

OttawaMom said...

What a great image and I love the added "sparkle"! Thanks so much for playing along with us a Seize the Birthday!

Brenda said...

This is such a fun, sassy image and your CAS design puts her in the spotlight, just as she should be! Thanks for joining us at AYLI Challenge ATG!!

cebelica said...

I'm sure your niece loved this card. It's very beautiful!
Hugs! xx