Wednesday 9 October 2024

Butterflies and Buddleia

This is another cross stitch kit I found in a charity shop - the kit was to make a needle case but I stitched it for a card instead. 


To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" kraft card blank
     Textile Heritage 'Butterflies and Buddleia' cross stitch kit
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Square STAX Die-namics' die
     Snippet of kraft card

After stitching the design I trimmed around the edge of the fabric so it was slightly smaller than the card blank.  I trimmed the snippet of kraft card so it was a little larger than the fabric and die cut the stitched square from the centre.  I then used double sided tape to attach the stitching behind the frame and the frame to the card blank.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
     As You Like It Challenge - Favourite Cardbase Shape (6" x 6" square cards are my favourite size and shape as they're perfect for CAS cards as they don't look too cluttered and they're the right size for my cross stitch)
     Beautiful Blossoms - Anything Floral Goes
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes

Kath x

3 comments:

Pat said...

This is beautiful cross stitching Kath, and love the buddleia with two different butterflies, and within that prettily shaped frame, and the kraft card aperture frame and card go perfectly. x

Donna Walls said...

Wow, you're always finding the sweetest cross stitch kits in the charity shops, and such a great idea to use it for a card. Thanks for playing along at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, we hope you'll share again soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenges
Paper Funday Challenge

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful cross stitch scene.
Carol x