Friday 2 June 2023

May All Year Dreams Come True

I made this card to send to Viv for the May Card Chain Challenge using the Colour Option (Navy, Turquoise & Gold), the Theme Option (Friendship) and the Product/Technique Options (Embossing Powder/Ripped Edges).


To make this card I used:
     7" x 5" white matt card blank
     Cardmaking Magic 'The Best of Cardmaking Magic' butterfly stamp & coordinating die
     Clearly Besotted 'Dandelion Dreams' stamps
     Versafine Majestic Blue ink
     Cosmic Shimmer clear detail embossing powder
     Turquoise and gold Promarkers
     Dark blue sequins
     Snippet of white matt card and white paper

I stamped the butterfly onto a snippet of white matt card using dark blue ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I then coloured the wings with the turquoise and gold Promarkers.  As the Promarkers had bled through the card I die cut another butterfly from a snippet of white paper and attached it to the rear to cover the ink marks. I used another snippet of white matt card to rip a strip the same width as the card blank.  I placed the strip of card into my MISTI with the butterfly laid on top so I could see where to position the sentiment.  I then stamped the sentiment with dark blue ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder before attaching it to the card.  To finish I attached three small sequins around the butterfly.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Addicted to CAS - Freedom
     CAS on Friday - Embossing
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
     Snippets Playground - Challenge 455

This is the lovely card I received from Tina -

Kath x

12 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful CAS card as always Kath

Sarn said...

A very pretty snippets butterfly card Kath.
I am very INTO ripped strips of paper as I think they add extra interest.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Once you’ve finished playing on the swings, meet me, Di and Dudley up in the Treehouse for a beverage of your choice! Hugs, Sarn xxx

HilaryJane said...

Your butterfly is gorgeous and I love how ou have used the torn paper. Such a good idea xx

Angelnorth said...

Love the torn edges on this, they’re perfect with the delicate butterfly — great CCC card Kath!

Liz said...

Stunning card, Kath. I love the striking CAS design. xx

Pat said...

Your card didn't have so far to go this time as it was to Viv and I bet she loved this beautiful blue and yellow butterfly, and love the look of the torn edges to the sentiment strip, and som pretty gems to finish. More delightful butterflies from Tina too. x

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Kath and I love the torn paper

Anne

Di said...

A lovely card Kath - I do also like the torn strip part! Been peeping at your latest adventures in Z - aren't you collecting a new one soon? Or have I been asleep. LOVE your journeys so never feel that you're speaking to yourself - it's a great diary for you and Steve as well as fun for us ex-caravanners to read!

Hugs

Di xx

Arlene said...

Beautiful CAS card - so simple and effective.

Viv said...

A lovely card - Thanks so much Kath! x

Imke said...

Wonderful CAS card and you did a great job with the colors this month. Lovely card for the Card Chain Challenge. I am happy being part of it.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Vicky Hayes said...

Such a gorgeous card Kath! I love the subtle torn white on white strip and your beautiful butterfly, flying free! Thank you for playing along at Addicted to CAS. Vicky x