Sunday 25 June 2023

June Rudolph Day

It's time for the sixth Rudolph Day of the year and another cross stitch Christmas card (cross stitch is my RD theme this year).  This is the second design from the Vervaco cross stitch kit I purchased earlier in the year (Rudolph was the first card I made from the kit).


To make this card I used:
     6" x 4" white hammer card blank
     Vervaco Christmas card kit (PN-0154080)
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics' die
     Snippet of white hammer card

I made my own card aperture card blank for this card as the ones in the kit were too flimsy.  As I didn't have the right size die to cut the aperture, I used a rectangle die that was the correct width but a little too short.  I cut three quarters of the aperture, then moved the die down the card to elongate the aperture and cut the remainder.  I trimmed around the edge of the panel so it was slightly smaller than the card blank.  After completing the stitching I fastened it behind the frame and then attached it to the card.

I am entering the following challenges:
      Rudolph Day- June Challenge

Kath x

6 comments:

meg said...

A gorgeous cross stitch project Kath

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful work Kath and I love the design

Anne

Pat said...

Beautifully done and I know what you mean about the card blanks that sometimes come with these kits, and a great idea to cut your own Kath to give it a better finished look as it rightly deserves. x

scrappymo! said...

W
hat a treat it will be to view your cross-stitch Christmas cards this year! This one is so beautiful. Love the pretty design and enjoyed reading about how you created the card base.
Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Whisper said...

Oooo what a gorgeous bit of cross stitching & thanks for joining us at Rudolph Days June's Challenge, luv Sam x

Sue - said...

Beautiful cross stitch and a lovely card!