Sunday 26 July 2020

Cross Stitch Heart

I've recently enrolled on a Cross Stitch Diploma course and this is the first practical piece of work for one of the modules.  The requirement was put a piece of aida into a hoop and stitch a basic design using two or more stitches that had been covered in the module.


I used three stitches for this heart - cross stitch, three quarter stitch and back stitch.

As the smallest hoop I have is 5" diameter I had to use a large piece of aida for this small design - when I know how I'm going to use the heart I'll trim the fabric and use it for other small projects.  

Kath x

5 comments:

Pat said...

This little heart is really pretty Kath, and what a great idea to do this course. I love the little pink stitches among the red and it shows off the three stitches perfectly. x

Carol S. said...

A very sweet little heart design and a perfect starter project.

I am at the moment doing a cross stitch of a family of bears and measures 22" by 9". I prefer to use Linen Even Weave fabric but Aida is easier to start with. I am sure you will enjoy it.
Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Sue said...

Hi Kath, That is so cute.

Hope you have a good start to the week. Sue

Jules said...

Hi Kath

Of course I love this .. .. but then you knew I would!!

I wonder what else you will be adding?

Enjoy the diploma course.

Love Jules xx

cotnob said...

This is pretty Kath, it sounds like a great course - I look forward to seeing your progress.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x