Wednesday 20 March 2019

Happy 70th Birthday

I discovered last night that one of my neighbours is 70 today, so made this quick card this morning.  I'm entering the Butterfly Challenge 'Spin the Wheel with the Letter C' challenge (I've used cerise and, of course, butterflies).  I'm also entering the Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge 'Special Day' (70th birthday) and the Seize the Birthday 'Anything Goes' challenge.


6" x 6" white matt card blank
Bugaboo 'Tulip Jar' digi stamp
Lawn Fawn 'Outside In Stitched Square Stackables' die
Kars tan embossing mat
Promarkers
Cerise texture and white matt card
Wink of Stella
Computer generated sentiment 'Imprint MT Shadow' font

I resized the digi and added the computer generated sentiment before printing it onto white card.  I die cut and embossed the image using the largest stitched square die.  The tulip jar was coloured with Promarkers before being layered onto cerise card and attached to the card front.  To finish I highlighted the tulip, butterflies and water with a Wink of Stella.

Kath x

13 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Kath, That is lovely. Sue

Pat said...

This is a really elegant and pretty card Kathy and I'm sure your neighbour will have been delighted with it. x

meg said...

beautiful make Kath, perfect card for the season too

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Kath.

Sue xx

Barbara said...

So very nice of you to add some happiness to your neighbor's birthday with this card. Although made quickly, it is classy and a great gift. I am enjoying your entry and thanks for joining in the fun at Double D "Gingham" challenge. Good luck.
Barbara DT member

brenda said...

I am sure you neighbour will love the special card you have made for her Kath.

B x

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful and classy. I love the simple CAS look . Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

KandA said...

Lovely card Kath, super cas design and I'm sure your neighbour loved it xx

cotnob said...

A pretty card Kath, a lovely image and great CAS design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

aussie aNNie said...

Really pretty card Kath, your dear neighbour will so love this as the stamp is beautiful..

Valerija said...

Beautiful image and card.
Valerija xx

Chrissie said...

Simply beautiful!
The colouring looks wonderful!
Thanks so much for joining in our CAS Challenge at Happy Little Stampers!
Chrissie

Neets B said...

Perfect for our CAS challenge. I love the simple image and the crisp, clean lines of your matted frame too. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge, Anita x
...and so sorry for the late visit!