Monday 4 February 2019

T for Teenager

I made this card for one of my great-nephews and am entering the Cardz 4 Guys 'Something Beginning with T' challenge (I have chosen teenager).  I'm also entering the Seize the Birthday 'Anything Goes' challenge and Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge 'Anything Goes..


6" x 6" white matt card blank
Lili of the Valley 'Lilli's Die-Cuts - Oliver'
Memory Box 'Grand Happy Birthday' die
Unbranded star punch
Hot off the Press 'Floral Ultimate Pack' paper
White and brown matt card

I trimmed the brown paper, layered it onto brown card and attached it to the card front.  I die cut Happy Birthday from both white and brown card.  The white die cut was trimmed and attached to the lower part of the card and I inlaid the brown letters.  The image was already die cut but I trimmed around the edge to reduce the white border around Oliver.  I then shaped the die cut and attached it with Pinflair glue.  To finish I punched three stars and attached them to the left of the card.

Kath x

11 comments:

Valerija said...

Oh wow, your card is just wonderful, I love the image and the die you used is beautiful. Great card for a teenage boy.
Valerija xx

Pat said...

This is a great card for a teenager Kath and I love the image on that very textural looking background and the edge of the sentiment makes the perfect place for the image. I also love your brown stars to finish it. x

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Love it. I am just waiting for him to say 'Whatever':) LOL.

Hope you've had a good start to the week. Sue

Carol S. said...

Says it all Kath!! Great card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

meg said...

Great guy card love the image and the papers you teamed with him

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card for a teenager Kath, I love how you've fussy cut the image.

Sue xx

Tammy L said...

I really, really like the look of this card! CAS, definitely masculine. Great job!
Thanks for playing in our T is for ... challenge at Cardz4Guyz this week.
Tammy DT

KandA said...

Super card Kath and a perfect design for a teeneager xx

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Cathy said...

Fantastic teen masculine card Kath, thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

cotnob said...

A super card Kath, a great image and my favourite sentiment - perfect for a teenager.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x