Friday 22 February 2019

Flower Doodle

I made this card for Charlene in the Kit and Clowder Card & Colouring Swap, the theme of which is 'Friendship, Encouragement/Support, or Inspiration'.  I'm entering the Butterfly Challenge 'A for Aperture' challenge (I have chosen to use an aperture, together with anything (flowers and sentiment) amber (flower centres), apple green (leaves) and, of course, butterflies).  I'm also entering the Die Cuttin' Divas 'Random Acts of Kindness' challenge and the Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge 'Friends',


6" x 6" white pearlescent card blank
Bugaboo 'Friend Flower Doodle' digi stamp
Lawn Fawn 'Outside In Stitched Square Rectangles' die
Copics and Promarkers
Lili of the Valley 'Heartfelt' paper
White pearlescent card
Wink of Stella

I resized the digi stamp and printed it onto pink Heartfelt paper.  I coloured the image with Copics (pinks and lemon) and Promarkers (greens).  I used the largest die to die cut the aperture from the card blank, trimmed the image to size and attached it to the rear.  I then cut a square of white card and attached it to inside of the card to cover the back of the paper.  To finish I highlighted the flowers and butterflies with a Wink of Stella.

This is the lovely card Charlene sent me for the swap.


Kath x

11 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Now that is just perfect. I love the card and the words.

Hope you have a nice evening and a lovely weekend. Sue

Pat said...

A pretty digi stamp with a great complementary sentiment Kath and love the way you have coloured the foliage and flowers and the sweet butterflies and added some sparkle too. x

meg said...

perfect digi for your aperture card, love the sentiment and the floral corner

Liz said...

Wonderful card, Kath, what a beautiful sentiment. xx

Carol S. said...

Very pretty flowers and love the sentiment. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Neets B said...

This is lovely. I initially thought this wouldn't pass our CAS guidelines but there is one main focal point and enough white space in that lovely frame to fit our challenge. Love that stitched edge to your aperture. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge, Anita x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Kath and such a lovely sentiment to send to a friend too.

Sue xx

Mrs A. said...

I like the image you have used for this apperture card . A very true saying too. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

mum of two said...

What a pretty card. Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
Purple Monkey Moments

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Kath, lovely words.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Chrissie said...

February slipped by when I wasn't looking! Sorry for this late visit!
This is lovely Kath. Those flowers are just beautiful.
Thanks so much for joining in our CAS Challenge at Happy Little Stampers!
Chrissie