Saturday 25 March 2017

March Rudolph Day

It's hard to believe it's the third Rudolph Day of the year!  I've used another image from the LOTV 'Festive Foliage' Art Pad for my card and am entering Crafty Friends 'B is for ...' challenge (I've used chosen baubles, branch and blue),  Crafty Hazelnuts's Christmas Challenge 'Anything Goes', Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra and Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge 'Anything Goes'.


Card blank: 7"  7" white silk
Image: Lili of the Valley 'Festive Foliage' Art Pad
Die: Creative Expressions 'Contemporary Happy Christmas'
Card: Red and white matt
Paper: Lili of the Valley 'Twas the Night'
Other: Wink of Stella

I trimmed blue and green check paper, layered them onto red card and attached it to the card front.  I trimmed the precoloured image slightly, layered it onto red card and attached it to the left side.  I die cut the sentiment three times from red card and once from white card.  To ensure the sentiment lay flat across the card front I cut two red sentiments in half before layering the them.  The white sentiment was attached to the top creating a shadow effect, before being attached to the card.  To finish I highlighted the image with a Wink of Stella.

Kath x

20 comments:

Carol S. said...

Great card Kath. The image and papers are gorgeous. Have a happy Sunday. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Pat said...

Another gorgeous LOTV art pad topper Kath and I love the plaid background together with that beautiful die cut sentiment. x

meg said...

Beautiful topper Kath, love the plaid papers and sentiment

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Loving the card.

Hope you have a nice day. Sue

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Kath, I love the topper you've used. I've not seen this pad from LOV but feel that I must go investigate.

Sue xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Kath

Anne

scrappymo! said...

This is a a lovely card, KAth.I think this is such a pretty image and I really like the way you cut and layered the sentiment. It makes it really pop!

Thank you for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge.

Kathleen said...

I loved this set of images and I love this card, like the way you have used the papers to go with the baubles and the double greeting.

Kath x

Linby said...

Such a pretty image and a great layout to complement it.

MaryH said...

Pretty ornaments, love the double matted background with the different colors of plaid paper too. TFS & Hugs

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely card Kath, so pretty and love the two tone sentiment effect with the dies

Joan said...

Lovely card

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Kath... it’s so lovely to see you have joined us with your fabulous card. Thank you for entering your Bauble card into our ‘B is for…’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
[Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Maria Valente said...

Fab card! Thank you for playing along at Penny's Challenges.
Mary (DT member)

sally said...

Delightful!

Sally

Barb said...

Another lovely card Kath. The colours of the papers look great with your lovely topper. Barbxx

Whisper said...

Aaaah absolutely lovely and thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Suze said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining in the challenge at CHNC for March.

The Crafty Critter said...

I love the ornaments on your pretty card! Beautiful design! Thank you for sharing! I would love to share my crafty projects with you, too! If you would like to take a look, they can be found at TheCraftyCritter.com
-Miranda