Wednesday 22 March 2017

Happy Birthday to You

I made this card for my uncle's birthday and am entering the Seize the Birthday 'Black, White and One Other Colour' challenge (I've used brown), Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge 'Anything Goes' and Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. The paper and card are from my snippets drawer so I'm also heading to the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.



Card blank: White DL silk
Stamp: Woodware 'Happy Birthday to You'
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia
Colouring: Faber Castell coloured pencils
Other: Wink of Stella
Snippets: Black texture and white silk card, black and brown patterned paper

I attached black card to the card blank,before cutting my snippet of paper in half and attaching it to the top and bottom.  I stamped the sentiment and stars onto white card and coloured them with various shades of brown coloured pencils.  The sentiment was then layered onto black card and attached across the centre of the card blank. To finish I highlighted the sentiment and stars with a Wink of Stella.

Kath x

14 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely masculine card Kath

Anne

cotnob said...

A super card Kath, a fabulous stamp.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol S. said...

Great man card and love the design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Liz said...

Super masculine card, Kath. I love how the sentiment is the main focus. xx

Pat said...

This large sentiment makes a great masculine card Kath and I love the black and white spotty paper too. x

meg said...

A fabulous card for a guy, the sentiment and colours you chose are perfect

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic CAS card and a great card suitable for a male too.

Sue xx

Sue said...

Another fab card Kath.

Hope you are having a ncie day. Sue

Di said...

Brilliant card Kath! And I love that stamp - very versatile indeed :)

Hugs

Di xx

Janice said...

Great card for a male Kath, I really like that sentiment stamp.
Janice x

Sarn said...

What a super stamp. Love this card.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Jean said...

Great card loving the CAS style.
Thanks for joining us over at Penny's.
Jean xx

JoAnn said...

Great masculine card. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Helen said...

Beautiful creation, Kath. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge and we hope to see you again in April.

Helen x