Tuesday 7 June 2016

Happy Father's Day

I made this card with paper and toppers which had been a magazine freebie (although I can't remember which one).  I'm entering the card into the Cardz 4 Guys 'Father's Day' challenge, Crafty Calendar Challenge 'Father's Day/For a Male', Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge 'Anything Goes' and Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.


Card blank: 6" x 6" white silk
Images: Father's Day (magazine freebie)
Card: Dark blue matt, white silk
Paper: Bunting (magazine freebie)

I layered bunting paper onto dark blue card and attached it to the card front.  The 'Happy Father's Day' topper was layered onto blue card and attached to the centre.  I glued the lighthouse and sentiment onto white card to make them sturdier.  These were then fussy cut and attached to the card with foam tape.

Kath x

16 comments:

Sammy said...

Love it! I love nautical themes, and that lighthouse is fab! x

Valerija said...

Fabulous card, great design and colours.
Valerija xx

meg said...

Love the nautical theme the papers and toppers are great

Liz said...

Lovely bright card, Kath. Super nautical design and I love the little lighthouse. xx

Sue said...

Hi Kath, That's a fab card and ideal for Fathers Day.

Hope you have had a nice day. Sue

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kath, a lovely nautical design.
Pauline
x

Kathleen said...

A gorgeous clean looking card, love the images and the design. Would be perfect for my Son-in-Law.

Kath x

Carol S. said...

Great card and love the detail. Love the lighthouse. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

I know it is a masculine card, but I think it's so cute! I love your background paper and the lighthouse! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz4Guyz! Cyndi, DT

cebelica said...

I am always struggling with men cards, but you totally rocked this one. It's awesome! xx

Pat said...

I love your nautical desigh Kath and the bunting bp is so pretty and I adore the lighthouse. I am looking forward to meeting you and everyone else who comes to Darnell's Taunton meet ups. x

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love these festive colors!

Janice said...

Great nautical card Kath, I love the lighthouse too.
Janice x

Cazro said...

A fabulous card, loving the nautical style. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT

JayBe said...

Love your nautical themed Father's Day card - just perfect for our challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz, thanx for sharing.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Jo said...

Lovely card Kath, great theme! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this time & good luck!
hugs Jo x
Dt