Thursday 5 May 2016

Noel

This week's Less is More challenge is 'Use Designer Paper in a CAS way' and I've used one of my favourite paper piecing stamps for this card. I'm also entering the ABC Christmas Challenge 'I for Ink', A Gem of a Challenge 'Favourite Colour Combination' (red and green are two of my favourite Christmas colours) and Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 'Anything Goes as Long as it's Christmas'.


Card blank: 7" x 5" white silk
Stamp: Woodware 'Huge Noel'
Ink: Versafine Onxy Black
Card: White silk
Paper: Dark red and green patterned (from snippets drawer)

I stamped Noel onto white silk card and stamped the letters onto snippets of red and green paper.  The letters were fussy cut and attached to the stamped image.  I then trimmed the card so it was 1.5cm smaller than the front of the card blank.  I attached a smaller piece of white card to the rear of the image panel before attaching it to the card front.

Kath x

19 comments:

Di said...

Great card Kath! One of my fave Woodware stamps. The colours you used make it look very stylish. Amazing how one stamp can be given such different looks.

Hugs

Di xx

meg said...

Love the layout Kath wonderful choice of colours in the papers, love thw dark tones

brenda said...

A gorgeous card and colours Kath, always love to see paper piecing.

B x

Valerija said...

A lovely card Kath.

Michelle said...

Such a great colour choice and a stunning creation. Thank you for joining my Colour challenge this week at A Gem of A Challenge and good luck - Michelle x

Esther said...

Wonderfully CAS and striking! I love the paper piecing. This is so effective and stylish!

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Another lovely card. What will you do with all these lovely cards, if they cancel Christmas?:) LOL

Hope you have a lovely evening. Sue

Sarah G said...

Paper piecing is a great way to incorporate patterned paper in a CAS way and something that I should do more often! Love your Christmas card, Kath. Great to see you at Less is More :)

cotnob said...

A stunning card Kath, I love the Woodware Huge stamps and you have used lovely bold colours.
Pauline
x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Love these huge letters Kath, and what a creative way to apply the papers.
Sylvia x

Sid said...

Great card Kath ! Love your bold alphas !

Neets B said...

I've seen these large Woodware sentiments and often wondered what I could do with them. Paper piecing! Why didn't I think of that, this works brilliantly!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Chrissie said...

Perfect use for your DP in a CAS manner Kath!
Terrific!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Susan said...

Great paper piecing. Perfectly CAS! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Anne said...

The Woodware stamps are fab for paper piecing and this looks great Kath!
Thanks so much for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is fabulous Kath. That paper piecing works a treat and the design is still beautifully CAS.
Sorry I am late visiting, but thanks so much for joining us,
Sharon xx
"Less is More"

Helen said...

Fabulous CAS card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Carissa said...

Lovely card.
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
Carissa

Helen said...

Great CAS card - love the paper piecing.


Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

Helen x