Saturday 28 May 2016

Jasmine

I made this card for a young girl who loves purple and shopping!  I'm entering the card into the Alphabet Challenges 'G for Girlie, Seize the Birthday 'Dimension' challenge and Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge where 'Anything Goes'.


Card blank: 6" x 6" white silk
Image: Lili of the Valley 'Lili's Die Cuts - Jasmine'
Dies: Memory Box 'Grand Happy Birthday', Creative Dies 'Corner Die' (magazine freebie)
Card: Marianne Design Snow Paper, Purple matt, 
Paper: Lili of the Valley 'Bonnets & Bowties (magazine freebie)
Other: Clear gem

I layered lilac paper onto purple card and attached it to the card front.  I die cut the Grand Happy Birthday and the corner die from purple card, attaching the sentiment to the lower edge of the paper and the floral die to the upper corner.  I die cut the lower part of the sentiment and the flower from Snow Paper and inlaid them.  Jasmine was already die cut and was attached with Pinflair glue.  To finish I attached a gem to the centre of the flower.

Kath x

21 comments:

cotnob said...

A pretty card Kath, a sweet image and I love the Memory Box dies.
Pauline
x

Sue said...

Hi kath, Loving this card.

Hope you've had a good day. and you get a nice evening. Sue

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Long time since I have seen one of these diecuts, gorgeous colours, fab card

brenda said...

Sounds like the prefect card for the young lady Kath.

B x

Valerija said...

This is adorable, Kath! Love this sweet image and dies you have used.
Valerija xx

Christine Harrop said...

Sweet image and lovely card. I'm a purple/lilac girl so this is definitely one for me. Christine xx

Glennis F said...

A very pretty card Kath, that happy birthday die is so useful

Debs said...

Fabulous card Kath - don't think I've seen the LOTV die cuts before.
Debs xx

Barb said...

A gorgeous card Kath. A great use of the Happy Birthday die and I love the corner die too. Barbxx

Kathleen said...

Love the colours and the sweet image and the use of that fabulous sentiment die.

Kath x

Carol S. said...

Great design and love the colours. Sweet image. Hugs, Carol S.xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and the colours are stunning.xx{aNNie}

meg said...

A real cutie Kath love the colours

Jules said...

Hi Kath

Loving your card very much. I have got my eye on that birthday die .. .. I use the Christmas one so much that I am feeling the birthday one will get even more use!!

Thank you for sharing your special memory on my blog. Whenever I am on a train now I shall think of you and the train saying "taking you there"LOL!!

.. .. and was your bucket and spade made of thick multicoloured rubber? I can remember one of ours was and after the beach we would have our old big pennies in it when we went to the amusement arcade to play on the old penny slot machines.

Hope you are having a good bank holiday weekend.

Love Jules xx

Marina said...

Love the two-tone effect!

Cathy said...

Sweet card Kath, love the multicoloured die cut, Cathy x

Cathy said...

Sweet card Kath, love the multicoloured die cut, Cathy x

Pat said...

Lovely card with a super image, thanks for joining in our challenge at Alphabet.

Pat xx

Jodene said...

This is such a sweet card and I love how you have done the sentiment in the different tones, it looks great! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Kath, I love the colors and that sweet image! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Tammy x

Janice said...

Great card Kath, love the combination of colours and dies.
Janice x