Sunday 15 November 2015

Season's Greetings

I've used one of my favourite stamps for this card which I'm entering into several challenges - Merry Monday  'Pink, Green and White', Alphabet Challenge 'T for 'Tis the Season' and Christmas Cards All Year Round 'Oh Christmas Tree'.


Card blank: 7" x 5" white silk
Stamp: Woodware 'Holly Tree' and 'Christmas Bubble Tree'
Ink: Versafine Olympia Green
Card: Dark green matt, white silk
Paper: Wild Rose Studio 'Painted Poinsettias', Kaisercraft Christmas paper Pad (magazine freebie)
Other: Silver nailheads, tiny pearls, Wink of Stella

I stamped the tree and sentiment onto white card and trimmed it to size.  This was then layered onto pink paper and green card before being attached to the card front.  I stamped the tree, pot and star onto another piece of pink paper and paper pieced it onto the card.  The holly leaves and bow were stamped onto a green paper before being attached to the card with Pinflair glue.  I decorated the tree with silver nailheads and tiny pearls before outlining the stamping with a Wink of Stella.  When I had finished the card I noticed that my sentiment wasn't in the centre of the tree, so I stamped a small star and paper pieced it with pink paper.

Kath x

15 comments:

!neke said...

Kath, this is a beautiful card !

Creating with Susan said...

I can see why it's one of your fav's - your card is beautiful!

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Sue said...

Kath, That is so pretty.

Hope you've had a good day. Sue

Linda said...

Lovely tree and card. Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday.

KandA said...

Super card Kath. Love the cas design and non-traditional colours xx

Jo said...

Beautiful, lovely stamp & looks fab in pink!
hugs Jo x

meg said...

Beautiful card Kath love the colour combo

Jules said...

Hi Kath

That is a beautiful Christmas card .. .. I can see why you love that stamp.

Many thanks for your lovely comment on my blog over the weekend .. .. my news seems so un-important in light of all the awful happenings that are dominating the news. All very scary!

Love Jules xx

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card, thanks for joining CCAYR challenge.

cotnob said...

A lovely Christmas card Kath, pretty colours and fabulous CAS design.
Pauline
x

Emma said...

What a lovely CAS card, thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge for our ‘Tis the Season’ Challenge, hope to see you again. Emma DT x

Cazro said...

A beautiful CAS in the pink for Christmas. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges Caz DT

Sarn said...

Great paper piecing. xxx

Rosina said...

Wonderful Card, beautiful colors, and a wonderful Christmas tree

Greetings
Rosina Loos guest designer CCAYR