Sunday 8 November 2015

Butterflies and Zig Zags

Samantha sent me these beautiful butterflies with the candy I won on her blog - perfect for upcycling for my card for the current Butterfly Challenge 'Z for Zig Zags'.  The card and paper are from my snippets drawer, so I'm off to the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


Card blank: 5" x 5" white silk
Other: Upcycled butterfly topper, turquoise nail heads, Wink of Stella
Snippets: Turquoise card, beige zig zag paper

I peeled the butterfly topper off the backing card that Samantha had written on and layered it onto turquoise card.  I trimmed a snippet of zig zag paper, layered it onto turquoise card and attached it to the card blank.  The butterfly topper was then attached with foam tape.  I highlighted the turquoise on the butterflies with a Wink of Stella and added the nail heads.

Kath x

10 comments:

Sue said...

Lovely card Kath.

Hope you've had a good day. Sue

!neke said...

Kath this is awesome !!!!!
Love it !

Wish you a great week !

Ineke X

meg said...

Fantastic card Kath love the colours

Kathleen said...

Super card, great colours.

Kath x

Mrs A. said...

I do love what you have done with this card Kath. Those butterflies are gorgeous. They are perfect with the zig zag paper. Another one in the bag. Thankyou for fluttering by #42. hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Simply stunnnig Kath! Beautiful design and such lovely colours too.

Sorry I'm a bit late commenting!

Hugs

Di xx

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Kath, such beautiful butterflies and fabulous design.
Pauline
x

Barb said...

A beautiful card Kath. I really love the colours you've used. Barbxx

Sarn said...

Super layout and great muted colours.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Viv said...

Love this card!