Friday 10 May 2024

Another Opulent Bauble

I made this quick Christmas card with lots of snippets - I know I use this embossing folder and stamp set a lot, but it's still one of my favourites for quick cards.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 4" white matt card blank
     Practical Publishing 'Opulent Baubles' embossing folder and stamps
     Versafine Onyx Black ink
     Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail embossing powder
     Snippets of white matt card, red paper and red textured card

I embossed a piece of white matt card, trimmed around the edge so it was slightly smaller than the card blank and attached it to the front.  I used black ink to stamp the joy bauble onto the red paper and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I then used the die from the embossing folder to cut the bauble before inlaying it into the front of the card.   I stamped the bow onto a snippet of red textured card using black ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I fussy cut the bow and attached it to the top of the bauble with a small foam pad.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Krafty Chicks Challenge - Christmas
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
     Merry Little Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes
     Snippets Playground - Challenge 479

Kath x

7 comments:

Sarn said...

A super festive make. Nice embossing folder and love how you made one of the baubles pop.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for a glass of cool lemonade later - such a sunny and warm day. xxx

meg said...

Beautiful focal bauble and card Kath

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card and embossing,love the coloured focal bauble.
Carol x

Pat said...

It is a very pretty combination of the embossed background and the pretty bauble, and the deep red patterned paper makes a great contrast with the white background Kath. x

Di said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Kath! I think the bauble and the embossing folder are a truly wonderful pairing.

Hugs
Di xx

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous! I love that pop of red against the white, Kath, Jo x

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Very pretty! Love that embossing folder, very crisp imprint! So happy you played along with the Christmas challenge with the Krafty Chicks this week.
Diane - DT KCC