Sunday 13 November 2022

Rainbow Birthday

I made this rainbow card for a friend's birthday using one of my favourite butterfly dies that had been a magazine cover gift ages ago.

I die cut seven small butterflies from snippets of textured cardstock and set them aside.  I used the curved border to die cut a snippet of white card - extending the border so it fitted across the bottom of the card blank.  I placed the border into my MISTI and laid the butterflies along the top edge so I could see where to stamp the sentiment.  I removed the butterflies and stamped the sentiment a couple of times to get a good depth of colour.  The border was then attached to the bottom of the card and the butterflies attached along the curved edge of the border.


To make this card I used:
     7" x 5" white matt card blank
     Spellbinders Borderabilities 'A2 Curved Borders One' and Tattered Lace 'Mini Butterfly' dies
     Clearly Besotted 'Fancy Sayings' sentiment stamp
     Versafine Vintage Sepia ink
     Snippets of white matt card, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet textured card

I am entering the following challenges:
     AAA Cards - Along the Edge + Rainbows
     Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge - Anything Goes
     Less is More - Colour Wheel (I have chosen the seven rainbow colours)
     Seize the Birthday - Many of Something (I have chosen many butterflies)
     Snippets Playground - Challenge 441

Kath x

10 comments:

Laurie Unger said...

What a wonderful clean and simple card. Thanks for playing over at LIM.

Sarn said...

A lovely colourful snippets card with those sweet butterflies.

Hope you enjoyed this morning’s crumpets after you finished playing on the swings xxxx

Pat said...

I love your rainbow coloured butterflies Kath and the slope makes a pretty shape also the birthday sentiment sits perfectly within it. x

Lynda said...

What a lovely CAS rainbow birthday card. Thank you for joining us at HLS anything goes birthday. xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

meg said...

A beautiful CAS card Kath

Sue said...

That is lovely.

ÅsaJ said...

Wow, this card is just so lovely! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

HilaryJane said...

What a perfect little CAS card. Such a sweet little butterfly die and I love the rainbow colours xx

Di said...

So pretty and very clever Kath - I always love to read exactly how people achieved the final product so thanks for that!

Hugs, Di xxx

foleysfriend said...

Love how you incorporated colorful butterflies on your fabulous clean and simple birthday card. I like how the butterflies are arranged - so fun. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Birthday Challenge.

sue n.