Friday 3 June 2022

Sending Smiles Across the Miles

I made this card to send to Dee for the May Card Chain Challenge.  I chose the Colour Option (Peach, Terracotta & Pineapple), the Theme Option (Friendship) and the Product Option (Embossing Powder).

I used the two largest rectangle dies to cut a frame from a snippet of terracotta textured card.  I trimmed a snippet of peach paper so it was slightly smaller than the frame and then placed it into my MISTI.  I stamped the sentiment in the top corner of the paper using brown ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder.  The paper was attached to the back of the frame and then onto the centre of the card. I stamped the butterfly with brown ink onto a snippet of white card and embossed it with clear embossing powder before cutting it with the coordinating die. I coloured the butterfly wings with a yellow Promarker and the body with a peach Promarker.  I attached the butterfly to the card along its body so I could shape the wings.  To finish I attached three small clear shimmering dots below the sentiment.


To make this card I used:
     6" x 4" tent fold white matt card blank
     Card Making Magic 'The Best of Cardmaking Magic' butterfly stamp & coordinating die
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics' dies
     Practical Publishing 'Slimline Spring Florals' sentiment stamp
     Versafine Vintage Sepia ink
     Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail Embossing Powder
     Promarkers ' Yellow & Soft Peach
     Papermania transparent shimmering dots
     Snippets of white matt card, terracotta textured card and Lili of the Valley 'Bear Necessities' peach paper

I am entering the following challenge:
      Snippets Playground - Challenge 429

This is the lovely card I received from Marga -

Kath x

8 comments:

papierelle said...

Very beautiful CAS-Design, love it!!

Sarn said...

A lovely snippets card with a great sentiment for your recipient Kath. Really nice card you received for the exchange.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground! Please come and help me test a few cocktail recipes up in the Treehouse later! xxx

Pat said...

I love your beautiful butterfly coloured so prettily and over that super matted background and I love the sentiment too. A very pretty card you received from Marga too. x

meg said...

As always a beautiful CAS card,the yellow,peach combo is gorgeous,

Sue said...

Fab cards. Those cupcakes look good enough to eat:)

Imke said...

Lovely card, Kath. I am so happy to found the Card Chain Challenge Blog. It´s a great fun !

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Di said...

Such a pretty card Kath - love the design and the colour combos are lovely!

Hugs

Di xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous butterfly card, Kath - great use of the colors for May!!