Sunday 10 April 2022

Just Wanted to Say ...

I made this notecard to send to a friend with a small gift - the gift was in shades of blue, cream and white so I wanted to make a card in the same colours.  The butterfly strip was one of the many items I chose from 'WOWVOW' when I spent the gift voucher I won in the Allsorts challenge.

I trimmed the strip of marbled paper and layered it onto purple card.  The butterfly strip had a plain band across the top which I snipped off and fussy cut around the top of the butterflies and flowers before attaching the panel across the marbled paper.  I placed the card blank into my MISTI and laid the panel across the card so I could line up the sentiment.  I removed the strip and stamped the sentiment in dark blue ink - as it looked a little too bright I overstamped it in purple ink so it matched the colours in the marbled paper.  To finish I attached the butterfly strip across the card.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 4" white hammer card blank
     Decoratif Papillon Pearlescent Ivory strip
     Hobby Art 'General Greetings' stamp
     Versafine Majestic Blue and Imperial Purple inks
     Snippets of blue marbled paper and purple card

I am entering the following challenges:
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes

Kath x

4 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful layout in gorgeous colours with a fabulous butterfly border

Pat said...

So very pretty with all those super butterflies and the dark blue marbled paper makes a great background Kath. x

Sue said...

Lovely. You can never go wrong with butterflies. Sue

Liz said...

Gorgeous card Kath, the colours are beautiful. xx