Saturday 5 February 2022

Big Birthday Wishes

I've recently bought this MFT die as I thought it would be perfect for male cards and a great way to use snippets too.

I die cut the sentiment from a kraft card, trimmed it so there was a border down each side and attached it to the front of the card.  I cut strips of cream hammer card and attached those on both sides of the panel.  I glued a snippet of check paper to a snippet of thin card so it was the same thickness as the kraft panel and die cut 'BIG' from the paper before inlaying it into the card.  The rest of the sentiment was die cut from more snippets of cream hammer card and inlaid into the panel.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" kraft card blank
     My Favorite Things 'Big Birthday Wishes' die
     Snippets of kraft card, cream hammer card, thin white card and red check paperI

I am entering the following challenges:
     CAS on Friday - Male
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
     NBUS - Challenge 35 (using my new MFT die)
     Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes

Kath x

12 comments:

Lynne said...

A great masculine card Kath and, as you say, that die is perfect for them x

Darnell said...

This is a great masculine card, Kath, and I think it works for any age and any gender! I love kraft and red and cream together. Well done using your snippets, too, and thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Liz said...

Love this card Kath, what a great die. I think I may need to add this die to my wish list! The plaid paper in the sentiment looks great against the kraft. xx

meg said...

A fabulous die Kath,looks great in the plaid and cream against the Kraft card

Kerry Parkinson said...

The plaid gives your card such a wonderful burst of colour and yes, the die is perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS on Friday. Cheers, Kerry DT

Christine Harrop said...

Looks great Kath. Very effective. Christine x

Sarn said...

What a super masculine card you’ve made here Kath. Brilliant die too.

You’ve used so many snippets you could come and play on the Snippets Playground swings! Unfortunately you missed this morning’s toasted crumpets up in the treehouse!!!!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sarn said...

Oh silly me - I just saw the date of this post - I mistakenly thought you’d posted it today (Sunday) - so not eligible for the current Playground challenge which just started!

Why not get some more of your snippets out and make another card for your homework!!!! Soz!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Carol S. said...

WOW!! Kath, a brilliant CAS card. Love the papers and dies for the letters. Amazing!! Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Joan said...

Great masculine card and I can see how useful that die will be

Cathy said...

Love this great big sentiment! It looks fabulous in the plaid with kraft and would be wonderful for feminine cards too with the right snippety bits! Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Pat said...

I do love a bit of plaid and this works so well with the cream portion of the sentiment with the red of the plaid against the kraft card and the strips of more of the cream card put down each side which brings it all together...a terrific card Kath. x