Friday 28 May 2021

Life Begins at Retirement

Although Steve's actual retirement date is his birthday next month, today is his final working day so I've made this card for him.  Hopefully he will have lots of 'me time' in his retirement as well as many adventures in Zebedee.  

I attached dark blue paper to a piece of white paper and trimmed it so it was slightly smaller than the card blank.  I die cut a stitched circle from the centre and rounded the corners before attaching it to the front of the card blank.  I put the precoloured image into my MISTI and lay the circle die on top so I could see where to stamp the sentiment.  I removed the die and stamped the sentiment before die cutting the image.  The circle was then inlaid into the aperture.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white matt card blank
     Lili of the Valley 'Vintage Boys' Art Pad
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics die
     Practical Publishing 'Stamps for All Occasions' stamp
     Versafine Vintage Sepia ink
     Lili of the Valley 'Father Knows Best' paper
     Woodware Corner Rounder punch

Our first adventure in Zeb starts on Monday and we're going to be away for several weeks so I won't making any new posts until mid July.  I'm not sure how much commenting I'll be able to do either - that all depends on the weather and the wifi signals on our campsites.

Kath x

8 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely retirement you've made Kath...retirement is wonderful we've been lucky enough to have had 23 years of it so far....Hope you are managing to get away..

Anne

Sarn said...

Fabulous retirement card for your hubby. I wish you many happy adventures in Zebedee.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

meg said...

A brilliant Retirement card,love your image and sentiment

Pat said...

I love the card you made for Steve with the LOTV image and a lovely paper for the background, and wish him a Happy Retirement and hope the two of you have a wonderful trip away in Zeb. x

Carol S. said...

Have a lovely time and make sure you stay safe Kath. Great card and love the sentiment. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Sue said...

Hi Kath, That is lovely.

I hope you and Steve get loads of breaks away in Zebedee. Sue

Jules said...

Hi Kath

A beautiful card for your hubby!

I wish him a long and happy retirement .. .. and hope you are both having a lovely time on your adventure.

Enjoy the break and time away .. .. hopefully a taste of things to come.

Love Jules xx

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Super retirement card Kath for your hubby...I do love those cute images! Hope you are both having a fantastic time!!
Hugs D xx